The arrival

12 hours later

As I leave Orlando airport I hear a familiar voice shouting.

"Ally!" It's Nicky calling me. She runs to me, her arms wide opened for a hug. She's got a new haircut. Her shoulder-length brown hair suits her green eyes.
"Nicky!" I shout back and run to her. We hug and we're obviously happy to see each other again.
"Oh my goodness! We haven't met each other for years!" Nicky says. "How are you?"
"I'm fine. It is so great to meet you again. How are you, Nicky?"
"I'm fine, too. I hope you had a good trip."
"Oh, yes, I had! And I am so excited to be here in Orlando, finally."
"Come on, let's get in my car. I will drive us to my flat." Nicky says and takes one of my suitcases. 

We put them into the cargo bay of her white station wagon. I take a look at the buildings all around me. There are huge skyscrapers all around and they shine bright in the evening sun. Here and there I can see green places and blossoming flowers and trees. I like that city, somehow. It is modern and natural at the same time. Nicky gives me the time to get used to my new ambience. Then we get into the car and Nicky drives us to her flat. 

"Welcome to your new home, cutie." Nicky says as I enter her flat some minutes later. It's not very big, but very nice and comfy. The white furniture fits the warm colored wallpapers, every room has a big window and the parquet floor reflects the sunlight a whee bit. 

Nicky shows me my future bedroom. Behind the desk is a window and next to my garderobe is my bed, already made. The wallpaper is light orange and the bed clothes as well. There are a few pictures of flowers and meadows on the wall. 

"Wow! I really love this room. I'll definitely feel at home here." I say and hug Nicky in thanks.
"Well, I hope so." she laughs.
"You can nestle like you want to. If you want to you can replace the pictures with some you want to see every day."
"Oh, I won't replace them! I only would like to enlarge this collection of pictures with some of my personal photos. If that's okay for you?"
"Totally!" she replies smiling. 

I sit down on my bed and look around again. Here I am, in Orlando. I am going to participate in a casting at a big theater here. I still cannot believe that. I feel like I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up in a few seconds. Then I will find myself laying in my bed in Germany, wearing my pajama and without any invitation to a casting.

"What do you think about?" Nicole asks me and sits down next to me.
"Everything is dreamlike right now, you know? Probably, I'm just dreaming about this."
Suddenly, Nicky pinches my arm. I exclaim in pain.
"Ouch! What was that?"
"I pinched you. And I still sit next to you. So, you don't sleep. It's real." she answers. I have to laugh. Nicky starts to laugh, too.

"Is there a certain play you apply for?" she wonders.
"To be honest, I would play anything they want me to play. But I prepared a song from the Disney movie 'Tangled'. "
"Oh my gosh! I love this movie!" Nicky shouts.
"Yes, it's awesome. I read that they think about making a musical Tangled. So, I'll try to apply for that."
"Oh, you will totally blow them away. That's for sure. You have such a beautiful voice!"
"Aww, thank you, Nicky. You are the best." I blush.
"And I prepared some lines of course." 

"I'm going to cook now. What do you want to eat? You can choose and I won't accept it if you say 'I don't know.'" Nicky stands up and waits until I answer her question.
"Uhhm... I would like to eat... fried eggs, sunnyside up." I smirk.
"Great. Dinner will be ready in around 20 minutes." Nicky says and leaves the room. I lay down on my bed and think about what I'm going to do during the next weeks. I wonder what will happen in all this time.

Heaven knows.