All or nothing

Two weeks later, the time has come. Today I will go to the casting and perform in front of the jury. I am awfully stoked right now. Hopefully I won't forget my text or drop a brick. This is my first and probably only chance to get this job at this theater, I just have to be as good as I can. And I will. I will do my very best to get my dream job. Nicky served me with taking me to the theater. We sit in her car and listen to the radio. Houses pass and I get the feeling that this city might become my new home one day. But only if I got the job I will stay here.

"How are you today?" she smiles. "Are you ready to wow them?"
"I'm fine, thank you! It's so nice that you support me that much." I say and look the houses.
"Of course I do. Today is your day. You will rock this casting, I know that."
"You never saw me acting." I reply.
"So what? I know your character. You are a very passionate person and you can enthuse people. So I'm sure that you will elate the jury within seconds."
"Thanks for your motivation. You're so inspiring, honestly." I thank her.

Then Nicky stops the car in front of the big building. Its walls are completely made of glass and at the front side there is a big sign saying "DR. PHILLIPS CENTER". This building is unbelievable impressive! You've got to see it to know what I mean. The big white roof is probably made of steel but I'm not that good in distinguishing materials. 

"Wow. That looks impressive." I'm astonished seeing this building right in front of me.
"Yep, that's the theater where you are going to work." Nicky says.
"Oh, please. The evening crowns the day." I look at my watch. It's time for me to go inside.
"I've got to go now. My casting will be in 20 minutes. I have to be on time."
"Sure! Good luck! I know that you will rock this casting. I believe in you." Nicole cheers me up.
"Thank you, Nicky. I will call you when I'm finished. Bye!" I exit the car and walk into this impressive theater.

My future workplace? Who knows. At least I would love to work here. The foyer seems pretty friendly and welcoming. There are white stairs which lead you to the next floor. I can't stop marveling at this building. All of a sudden a woman comes to me and appeals to me. 

"Excuse me, young lady. Can I help you?" she asks.
"Yes. I would like to participate in the casting." I answer.
"Do you have a license or an invitation?" She looks at me with a serious but nevertheless friendly and polite glance.
"Sure, I have. Here it is." I show her my invitation to the casting and she begins to smile.
"Ah, great. Welcome to our theater, Miss Darik. You have to go to the second floor. Then you have to go through the third door at the left side and there will be the waiting room for our employees." While describing the way I have to go she underscores her words with gestures. Even though there are a lot of people walking through the Lobby, I can guess where the door has to be.
"Thank you very much." I reply with a polite smile.
"You're welcome. Good luck for your performance!" the woman says.
"Thank you. Goodbye." I answer and go away.

I cannot express how excited and nervous I am. I go upstairs and I see this door with a sheet of paper saying: 'Casting - HERE'. I breath deeply as I open the door and enter the room. There are ten chairs standing at the wall and three of them are not  manned. Seven strangers sit in this room and wait for their turn to perform in front of the jury. I greet them silently and take a seat. Then I look at the other candidates again. 4 girls and 3 boys are sitting almost next to me. One girl is reading her skript, another girl combs her hair, the third one seems to meditate a bit and the forth girl just sits there and stares into space. The boy next to the forth girl looks at his smartphone steadily. Next to him, another guy eats a sandwich. It seems to be delicious because he enjoys it obviously.
The third boy sits right next to me. He's got short brown hair, brown eyes and a slim and athletic physique. His blue and black shirt is open and underneath it he wears a grey shirt. With his black trousers and black shoes he looks dressy but not too stiff.
I don't know why but I actually like him already. He looks very handsome and likable. He piques my interest but I shall not go too far. I shouldn't assume that he will get a job because I don't know him and I never saw him acting. Who knows if I will ever see him again?
I try not to look at him but at some seconds I can't help glancing at him.