Chapter 1: Six Years Before the Fall

'Chaos... destruction... it was all my eyes could see. I remember the corpses that laid on the floor. I remember the demons sucking the living souls out of them. And then...one laid eyes on me... I knew at that moment that all I ever knew, will never be the same'

       Maylria woke up suddenly, panting at the remembrance of the nightmare she dreamt. It was a dream that haunted her over and over again. It was the catastrophe of the War of the Ancients. A war that happened ten thousand years ago involving the night elf race, demi-gods, the High Mountain taurens, some dwarves, the Dragon Aspects, and three strange male characters of the names Broxigar, Krasus, and Rhonin who were essential in the battle against our ancient foe... the Burning Legion. This was the first time Azeroth had been invaded by such outsiders. Thanks to Queen Azshara, her servant Xavius, and the Highborne, the Burning Legion entered our world to destroy everything on its path. Thankfully, the Night Elves and their allies won. The demon lord Mannoroth was sent back to his infernal world and alongside his leader went the lesser demons. But with this success came the Sundering, where Azeroth faced a change in her land masses.

       Now after 10 millennia, the Night Elves face many threats that sought to destroy their peaceful race. Tyrande Whisperwind, High Priestess of Elune, was the leader of the Night Elves and with her leadership many of them had trained and battled for a chance to survive in this chaotic world.

       Maylria Moonfeather was among the novice priestess of Elune training to become part of the sisterhood. She was a beautiful elven woman who had lived and survived the War of the Ancients. She was skilled in her duties to heal, but yet did not stand out among her sisters due to her fear of war which prevented her from achieving her duties to, not just heal, but fight just like any of those involved in the Sisterhood would. Many saw her as weak and many of the Priestess simply gave up on teaching her the ways of Elune. But there was one who did not give up on her. Tyrande Whisperwind had offered herself to teach her with the knowledge and skills the Goddess had granted her, and for that Maylria was forever grateful.

       "In order to reach the Goddess, you must first know that she is not without, but within. Seek her in your mind and heart, sister." Tyrande sat in front of Maylria who was in deep meditation. Maylria inhaled and could smell the aroma of the incense the High Priestess had lit. She had told her that it helped her attune with the Goddess in a way that it settled the environment for an invocation. They sat in the gardens of the Temple of the Moon in their recently acquired home in Mount Hyjal in Nordrassil. The place was surrounded by beautiful multi-colored trees. The Ancient Guardians roamed the paths and the night saber cubs ran freely among the Night Elven community. It was the perfect place for their civilization to grow after such destruction and death took place in their previous home. Their homeland was sunken, and they were forced to retreat to the immense mountains of Hyjal. And so it had become the new home to the Night Elves. Unfortunately, it did not shield them from their enemies.

       "High Priestess" a sentinel bowed to Tyrande who quickly stood up to greet the newcomer.

       "Yes Valara? How may I aid you?" Tyrande responded. She worried that it might be bad news. She had heard about the new threat down in Ashenvale and she worried their forces were stronger than the night elves. The role of leading the elves fell upon her shoulders as her lover, Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, slept under the World Tree, Nordrassil in order to fulfill his duty to Ysera the Dreamer in her realm, the Emerald Dream.

       "General Shandris sent me to contact you urgently" the sentinel replied.

       "What is it child, tell me!" Tyrande grew nervous at the sentinel's words.