Chapter 2: Four Years Before the Fall

It has been two years since the second invasion of the demons in Mount Hyjal and two years since she heard any news about Illidan. All she knew was that after the war ended, Illidan was banished from his homeland by no other than the High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, and her lover, his brother, Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage all because he had taken unto himself the demonic artifact known as the Skull of Gul'dan which in turn transformed him into a demon but also empowering him against the Burning Legion's army.

Such hypocrisy was incomprehensible and inconceivable. Illidan had been freed after ten thousand years of unjust accusation to help defeat the demons to only be betrayed and end up exiled!

But Maylria didn't dare voice her opinions and thoughts. She didn't dare go against her people. She did not want his same fate. She learned to keep quiet and obey all orders. She still worried some of the sentinels, including Valara, had seen her casting the spell. She was afraid of being accused. She shook her head hoping to erase those thoughts. It had been two years since that. If anyone would have seen her, they would have surely talked already against her.

She closed her eyes and hugged her pillow. She had laid on her bed in the Temple of Elune in their new home, Darnassus, for the whole night, deep in thought. She could not stop thinking about being exiled, but mostly she could not stop thinking about Illidan. Half-Night elf, half- demon... She wondered for a second how it must have felt to wield fel magic, but then she heard a soft thump on her window. It sounded like a pebble was thrown at it. She rolled her eyes, a wide grin on her face appeared already knowing who the perpetrator was. She jumped out of her bed and opened her window.

"Well hello, Priestess" Amethyel greeted her long time friend. She and Maylria had been victims of the Burning Legion back in the War of the Ancients. They had both lost their families due to the onslaught of the demons. Maylria had become a priestess, while Amethyel became a sentinel. She was much more skilled with fighting than her friend.

"Hello there, eggplant" she greeted her purple haired friend.

"Wow, moving away from the Poop-face joke. Good job" she smirked.

"Fear not, you still hold that title after your incident with the hippogryph's stable maintenance"

"Hey! I got pushed into that, it was not pleasant" they both laughed.

"Now move, I have something to tell you" Maylria moved away from the window to let her friend in.

"Amy, you know I am not supposed to have visitors at this time. If the High Priestess-..."

"Remember Fenrik?!" Amethyel interrupted her friend. Maylria blushed. Of course she remembered him, how could she forget his beautiful sapphire eyes.

"Y-yes" she managed to say.

"He sent me a note not too long ago; he's coming to visit us when the sun rises"

"But that's in a few hours!" Maylria yelled shocked.

"Then you better make yourself ready" Amethyel grinned knowing her friend could not pass up such opportunity to see her long time crush.

***

The trio sat in a hidden spot behind Darnassus and near the Gnarlpine Hold. Its beautiful lake was used by few to fish. To the north of the tree they sat under, was a small wooden canoe with a lantern attached to it, tied up to a wooden port serving as evidence that people did come here to fish. Sunrise over Darnassus was immensely beautiful to behold. The orange hue of the sun rising contrasted with the purple of the leaves. The night blossoms closed their flowers in slumber as the sun rose in the sky. Their new settlement in the World Tree, Teldrassil, was a true work of art.