Chapter 8

**I may edit this later on, so just giving you a heads up*

The next morning, Jessica woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. When she went to grab it, she saw that it was 4:00 in the morning.

"Hello?" she mumbled into the phone.

"Did I just wake you up, Jess?" Jade asked.

"Yes, you dingbat. Now talk and make it good."

"Oh, I just wanted to remind you that we don't have school today."

"So let me get this straight. You woke me up at 4:00 in the morning for nothing!?"

"No. I didn't wake you up for nothing. I woke you up early so you don't get up and get ready for nothing."

"I'm really starting to hate you," Jessica told Jade not really meaning it.

"I love you, too, Jess. Goodnight."

"Night. Now don't wake me up unless it is an emergency. Ok?"

"Yes ma'am."

With that, Jessica hung up her phone and set it back on her nightstand before she fell back into a dreamless sleep.

When Jessica woke up again it was 10:30 in the morning. She got an outfit to wear for the day and went to take a shower. When she finished her daily routine, she came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of brown skinny jeans, a green sequined tank top, dark brown combat boots, and a thicker leather jacket.

After she finished getting ready, she grabbed her car keys and started going to starbucks to meet up with her brothers, Jade and Alex, to talk about the case.

As she arrived at the cafe, she could see the vehicles of Jade, Alex, and the Parkers as she parked alongside them.

Jessica turned off her car and grabbed her stuff before she got out, locked the doors, and started walking inside.

"Good morning, guys," she greeted to them as she made her way to the booth that they were sitting at, which was located by the counter.

"Jade," Jessica said while glaring at her.

"Oh no. What did you do now Jade?" Sebastian asked her with amusement.

"Well, I might have called her at 4:00 in the morning," she muttered softly.

"And you survived!?" Rain asked in a playful tone.

"Oh, the day hasn't ended yet." Jessica said with evil and mysterious look in her eyes.

"Dont worry. I'll protect you," Rain whispered to Jade softly, causing her to slightly blush. As he said that, he wrapped his arm around her. But it didn't go unnoticed by Jessica. She snapped a couple pictures of Rain and Jade while he still had an arm wrapped around her.

'He likes you,' Jessica mouthed to Jade, who moved her gaze at back at Jess, and she just rolled her eyes, still not believing that Rain liked her. So Jessica got out her phone and texted Jade 'He likes you. Don't believe me? Take notice at how he looks and acts around you.'

After a few seconds a ding made itself known, indicating that Jade received a text. Once she read it, she started to blush harder.

"What are you doing?" Rain asked to Jade.

"Texting." she said simply.

"Who are you texting?" he asked with a bit of jealousy.

"Jess"

"Why are you texting her when you are literally straight across each other?"

"Because we want to?" she said as a question.

"I will never understand women," he muttered.

"Good, because you will have a lot to understand," the girls said simultaneously. After they said that, they looked at each other and laughed.

"So, what do you all need to know for the case?" Alex asked after a moment of silence.

As he said that the girls looked at the boys with a questioning look, but they noticed the boys remained calm.

"We know that the people we need to keep an eye on are Shawn Smith, Evan Hill, Justin Duke, and Kyle Jones. But why them? What did they do? And who else could be suspects?" Sebastian asked the same question that everyone was thinking.

"They they have a record. It is said that they do drugs, drink, as well as breaking and entering. Anyone could be a suspect, but I think they are your best bet," Dylan told them.

"Ok, we'll keep an eye on them," the twins say at the same time.

"Cool. Now let's enjoy as much of our day off as we can, before something happens," Jessica told everyone as the door to the cafe is opened.

She looked behind her to see who came in and she saw Shawn Smith, Evan Hill, Justin Duke, and Kyle Jones talking amongst themselves.

She quickly turned her head before they saw her, "Guys, they're here."

"Who's here, Jess?" Rain asked worriedly.

"Shawn, Kyle, Even, and Justin. I would suggest taking your arm off of Jade before you get spotted, Rain." she muttered.

He blushed and did as told before Dylan spoke up.

"So are we going to just stay sitting here or are we going to leave before they see us?"

"Let's stay." Jade said as she pulls her phone back out. When she said that the four young men started walking to the counter. The men sat down at the counter seats and started talking, but Jessica couldn't her what they were saying. Jessica had an idea. She put her hoodie on and started to get up. Sebastian grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked. Jessica put the hood on so it covered her face.

"I am going to listen in," She told him as she walked away. Jessica went and sat a couple seats away from the young men. Now she could hear them more clearly.

"..... believe that brat and her stupid little friends? It felt like they were everywhere. They're at the school for one day, and they are acting like they own the place," she overheard Kyle say to Justin, Evan, and Shawn.

"True, but they are pretty entertaining," Evan commented.

Entertaining? Jessica thought to herself.

"True. Especially that one girl. You know, the one with brown hair?" Justin added. That got Jessica's attention. She just smirked, soon a waitress came to her and asked her what she would like to order.