Chapter 2

The first thing Taeyeon ever injected into Tiffany was shoelaces, she tells us.

At first, she loved Tiffany.

She loved those small smiles, and that pale skin, those eyes that were outlined and amplified by them.

But then she hated it, she hated the way Tiffany made her feel.

She hated the way Tiffany made her feel guilty.

Tiffany was a daughter, she might have not been a wife, but nothing would stop her from being a daughter to a family that called her number day and night.

To a family who just wanted their youngest daughter back from Taeyeon's clutches.

But only Taeyeon knew she kidnapped Tiffany into this situation and locked her behind bars, erasing her thoughts until there was only blank space.

And with Taeyeon's "Liquid Knowledge," she crudely carved her marks all across the white, poking holes and burning corners of that paper if need be.

Taeyeon starts from the beginning, a place where she loved Tiffany.

Where she would carefully inject the syringe needle into Tiffany's arm, into her blood stream so it will make its journey around her body.

Asking her if it hurt, asking her if she was okay.

Even if Tiffany didn't know how to react, Taeyeon took care of her.

It was unlike the present, this time was a time where the past was a much better place than the present.

The time where Taeyeon abruptly stabs the needle into Tiffany instead, the time where her affection, once bestowed upon Tiffany has poisoned someone else instead.

But right now, Taeyeon loved Tiffany.

She unlaced her own shoe laces and unravels them from the holes of her shoes, then she proceeded to sanitize them in chemicals only to liquefy them in another.

Tiffany, who is naked, is just perched upon a cold metal operation table, shivering, scared, but not sure how to display her own emotions at this point.

Taeyeon spins on her heel and smiles; she told Tiffany that she would purchase clothes for her later.

Tiffany was still naked when we found her.

Taeyeon shook the contents together; her first experiment was rather haphazardly done, because, perhaps, she never cared for Tiffany in the first place.

No matter how many times she said she loved her.

We asked Tiffany why she went along with this project, even if it hurt her. 

Even if it violated her.

A muscle in her arm that suffered daily abused from needles and substances that do not belong in the human body jerks inhumanely.

And she is wheeled off into the hospital before we would even catch her wavering words.

To me, it sounded a little bit like "warm."

To Tiffany, Taeyeon was warm, when everything was cold, when everything was scary.

Taeyeon wasn't frightening, look at her, she couldn't have caused any harm from a first glance.

The more Taeyeon talked, the more my eyes grew wide.

How could this petite, childish looking woman with a voice as smooth as ivory have a heart that was as stiff as so?

Then I wondered who her parents could be.

Through her background check, her father and mother weren't rich, they were suspicious, there were just friendly country folk who owned an optical shop.