⚾️.3

HEY GUYS!! Make sure to check the trailer up there ^^^^ ❤️ thank you!

  While walking home with Benny and Ham, they spoke about all sorts of stuff. It was really confusing. Who was the Great Bambino? Most of the time, I just nodded and smiled. Ham, Benny, and I turned to our separate ways.

  "Hey, Brookes!" called Benny, before I could reach my yard.

  He ran back to me.

  I turned curiously. "Yeah?"

  "Bring a T-shirt and jeans tomorrow," he advised, smiling. "Or anything you can play in."

  "Okay!" I nod.

  "And do you got a hat?"

  "Oh, uh.. I don't," I scratched my head nervously.

  "Not anymore.." he generously reached out behind him and pulled out a cap. "Wear my old one."

  I smiled and put on his cap. "Alright... Thanks Benny!"

  "8 o'clock tomorrow morning!" he waved before he left. "

  From that day on, they'd invite me to the sandlot. Mama wondered why they were boys coming to my doorstep instead of girls. It easily confused my mom but she was amazed with the idea of me, a girl, who was able to play baseball.

  It didn't upset her. The only thing that did upset her was my black eye Benny's hit had caused, but it recovered quickly.

One afternoon, it was severely hot and we were all melting. Ham looked like he was close to fainting. We were all waiting for Squints and YeahYeah with the ball.

  "Where are those guys?" Bertram groaned.

  Timmy sighed, "Man they're definitely taking forever to get back!"

  "Forever," repeated Tommy, tired.

  Kenny pointed, "There! That's them!"

Benny stood from where he sat and approached them. "What took you guys so long? We've been waiting forever!"

YeahYeah looked at Squints and laughed. "Oh Squints was swooning!"

"No I wasn't!" barked Squints.

"Yeah you were! You were all like 'Wendy Peffercorn.. my darling lover girl'..'" YeahYeah imitated, with corny faces.

"Well base up you blockheads!" Benny demanded.

Everyone groaned. "Aww Benny.. It's too hot!"

Ham scrunched his face and whined, "This pop isn't working Benny.. I'm baking like a toasted greaser!"

"Poor Ham," I mumbled as I took off my mitt.

"It's a hundred and fifty degrees! You can't play Baseball!" snapped Squints, shaking his head. "Have to call it for the day."

"Vote then!" Benny said and stood, looking at us. "Anybody who wants to be a cant-hack-it-pantywaist-who-wears-their-mama's bra.. Raise your hand."

Everyone raised their hand. "Yeah." "Oh I can." "I could do that."

"Fine. Fine, fine!" Benny said disappointedly. "Be like that. So what're we gonna do?"