3 #Cupcake+Fights=NewBeginning

Nat Wolff as River Bowman

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."
- John Green (The Fault In Our Stars)

I swear, at that moment I was feeling lucky. Not because a guy told me that he was in love with me or something. But, because I was there in the cafe for a cup of coffee and I was not drinking one at the moment. And that would have ended in only one of the two things. Either I would have choked on it or that guy's face would have taken a hot bath in coffee. Boy, that would have been a sight to see. Haah, good ol' times.

"Zoned out again, I see." He smirked.

"Wait, are you crazy? You just told me that you love me. Dude, I didn't even know your name-"

"River. I just told you."

"Stop interrupting me. As I was saying I didn't even know your name 10 seconds ago. And now you-"

"10 seconds? Girl, you were zoned out for over a minute and smiling like a creep. Were you planning my murder or something?"

Does this guy has a problem or something. He interrupted me again even though I told him not to do that thing. And wait, I was zoned out for over a minute. God, I always thought that the time used to freeze whenever I talked to my awesome self. Just like the movies. Oh, so this was the reason why those two people seemed to disappear in, what I thought, a light second but in real was whole five minutes. And I might be staring at them like a weirdo for the whole time. Oh God, kill me now. Maddy, you should seriously stop talking to yourself in public places. Otherwise, people will think of you as a weirdo like this weirdo called River. Wait, speaking of River, this River guy is currently standing in front of you and there is a chance that you might be making googly eyes at him. Maddy, stop talking to yourself and just flip him off and tell him to go away.

As if on cue, the snapping of fingers pulled me out of my thoughts. A hand was blocking the view of the person standing in front of me. River put his hand in his pocket with a smug look on his face. His lips were lopsided in a smirk as if he was saying, 'Haah, and you were calling me weird'.

"A penny for your thoughts." He said giving me the same look.

"Stop that." I groaned.

"Stop, What?" He gave me a knowing look.

"You know 'what'. Stop that look that was saying that I am weird". 

"Oh, that. But my look didn't mean that, girl" He told me with a mischievous look in his eyes.

That look told me that he was bluffing or something but being a naive girl I was, I asked him hopefully, "Really?"

"Yeah. Really." He replied and grinned but not before adding, "That look totally meant 'yo, weird girl alert'. And then he chuckled.

"Idiot". I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to."

"Then you should have said that loud rather than just whispering."

"I was not whispering."

"You were."

"Wasn't"

"Were"

"Wasn't"

And that, my friends, was just the start of the life long bickering I was soon going to be addicted to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you were saying that you love me. Am I correct?" I said sipping my coffee. Caramel. Mmm.