p r o t o l o g u e

C A R A :

        "Settle down kids, Settle down!" The teacher, Mrs.Paris yelled tried to get the attention of her students.
9th grader Cara Miles was nervous for her first speech since when stuttering went from very bad to slightly better.

       "So I assigned you to write about anything you want and give a speech about. So let's start. Who would like to go first?" She asked the whole class. I could hear a pin drop because no
one said anything or even did a slight motion to indicate that they wanted to go first. Frustrated, the teacher went in alphabetical order.

       "Cara Miles" Mrs.Paris said. Cara was nervous. She knew her talking wasn't crucial but it wasn't the best of the best. Cara walked to the podium,trying to control her shaking hands to grab her paper she worked so hard on.

           "S-S-Stuttering is a-a um p-problem in w-which y-you -" Carawas cut off by her classmate and her bully Marcus Bane.

         "You know I think being mute is better than talking like that"The brunette boy says while laughing along with the rest of the class.

      "Class stop or I'll give you'll detention" The teacher said but she couldn't hear anything. It's like the world became silent and you could only see what was going on.
Cara took off without looking back.

    She knew that talking was a problem but she didn't think it was that big of a deal. So she did the only thing that any 9th grader will do after being humiliated. Cried.Cried the rest of the period until she heard that magical bell that meant the end of the day. She ran to her home that wasn't so far and went straight into her bedroom.

     "F-F-From t-this d-day o-on u-uh I," Cara stopped because it was so pathetic that she couldn't even say her own name

Cara stopped because it was so pathetic that she couldn't even say her own name. She just stood with I.

         "W-will t-talk s-small w-words a-and b-be m-mute"She whispered to herself,determined to keep every single word she says.

       But things may change when Cara leaves to LA and meets the guy who may change her world upside down