16:Lesson Learned

"That bastard did what?!"

"Look, Zach, I already told you I handled it. Ok? Just back off already. I still have to deal with Ariana ok? So the least you could do is not make this more difficult then it already is."

"Yeah but--" he started.

"No 'buts' ok. This Ariana were talking about. I'll talk to you later ok?"

"Ok."

I gave him a hug and kissed him then walked out his door and got in my car. I drove to the mall where I was going to meet Ariana. When I got to the mall and went to Forever 21 and looked for Ariana. I found her, but I couldn't find a time to tell her. We stayed in the store for and hour before going to Pink. I still couldn't tell her. We walked to Auntie Anne's and got a pretzel.

"I can't wait for my date with Liam tomorrow!" she said.

I decided that that would be the right time to tell her about what a jerk he is.

"Ariana I seriously need to talk to you. Like now."

"Yeah sure Abs what's up?"

"Liam tried to kiss me."

She was silent and the smile on her face vanished.

"Are you serious?" she asked, her face full of sadness.

"Ariana I wouldn't lie to you. Especially about some thing like this. I swear I'm telling you the truth. I don't think that you should go out with him tomorrow."

"You're right."

"I have an idea! Don't tell him the date's off and you can leave him at the restaurant looking like an idiot."

"That's the best idea I've heard all day! Let's do it!"

*****

Ring ring ring.

Huh, unknown number.

"Hello?"

Who even is this?

"Abby?"

I rolled my eyes the second I realized who the voice belong to. His voice made me cringe.

"What do you want? And don't even call me 'Abby' you lost that privilege when you tried to seduce me, Liam," I said angrily.

"Look, I'm sorry, Abigail, but I was wondering if you knew where Ariana is? Our date started at 6:30 and it's almost 8."

"She's obviously not with you."

"But then where is she?"

"Not with you."

"So where is she?"

"Are you stupid or something? I told you twice she's not with you. Does it really matter where she is? The point is she stood you up. I told her about your little attempt to kiss me and she DOESN'T want to be with you anymore. So please just leave us alone."

He was silent for a long time before he answered. So long I started wondering whether or not he was still there. I sat on my bed.

"Yeah ok. And I'm really sorry about the kiss! I thought you liked me."

"I liked you. But not that way. I liked you for Ariana not me. And I had a boyfriend!" I pointed out.

"Right. But I thought you broke up," he defended.

"Just because a boyfriend and a girlfriend have an argument doesn't mean they're broken up. We were just having a disagreement. A stupid one but we were still together."

"I'm an idiot. If I hadn't thought... I would've had a date with an amazing girl."

"Liam..."

"No, lesson learned,I have to go."

He hung up and the line went dead. I sat in silence. I almost felt sorry for him. I heard the doorbell ring and I went to go answer it. I looked through the peephole and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk."

"Why."

"Because it's important. It's about Liam."

"Fine come in, Grant."