Chapter 6

Shorter chapter, sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

Jon Kortajarena as Enzo above, featuring a cute tiger cub.

L I A M

The wedding planning was completely done and we had two weeks until the wedding and I had been diligently working on the garden every day, with Ortiz and Marco, the two that had helped me the first day.

After two weeks of working on it the bushes had been brought back to life and we had gotten the ground ready for more plants. I would be planting very little until April came around and then I could plant vegetables.

I had also got Enzo to buy benches and a little fountain to go in the garden.

There was four squares of soil that I would be planting in. There were chunks of stone that served as a path that surrounded each patch and the fountain that I placed in the center. The benches were placed in front of the bushed that lined the whole thing.

I smiled at Ortiz and Marco, so proud of us that we had gotten so much done and it actually looked good, even without plants filling it up.

I held up my hand up for a high five but they did nothing so I let my hand fall with a sad sigh. Still smiling I asked, "Were you two ever kids?"

Once again they didn't respond, just stood still waiting for my next orders, "Your supposed to be happy. Look at what we have accomplished." I smiled brightly, holding my hand up and motioning brightly to the beautiful garden. This was the first time I felt so genuinely happy since being here.

"Have you two ever smiled?" I asked, letting my hands fall to my side, but I refused to let my smile fall, "Your making me feel like I'm over exaggerating this."

"You did a good job Liam." Ortiz said, the corner of his lips twitching in an attempt to smile.

"We did a good job, and you could try a little harder to smile, surely you have done it before." I said.

They did nothing yet again, "You two are hopeless." I sighed and that's when I saw both of them smile, barely there but it was more noticeable than a twitch.

I smiled and turned to go back inside, "I'm going to go get Enzo, and show him our amazing work." 

They nodded and I walked back inside the house. I went to the door that I knew led to Enzo's office.

I knocked and listened for his strong voice, "Who is it?" He sounded angry.

"Liam." I answered, thinking about coming back sometime else.

"Come in." He said, his voice lighter, making me open the door and walk in.

I saw he had a few guests, two sitting in the chair in front of him, an older man and who appeared to be his son. The two guards that were always in his office when he had guests were at the door. As the two men turned I felt like running away.

"I'm sorry... I -um- didn't mean to interrupt." I said turning to leave.

"You must be Enzo's fiance." One of his guests spoke, he had a edge to his voice, like he too had been angry before.

I really wanted to walk out now and not somehow find myself insulting or disrespecting other mafia bosses. I turned and offered a kind smile, "Yes, sir." 

"Why did you want me, Liam?" Enzo asked.

It felt childish now that I was here but I couldn't make anything up now, "I just wanted to tell you that I had finished the garden." I said, playing with my thumbs.

With that he stood up, "Then I must go look at it."

"No, that's fine, I didn't mean to interrupt." I said.

"No, it's fine, may we go too?" The older man spoke.

"Of course." Enzo answered and we all walked to the garden.

Ortiz and Marco were standing at attention at the front gate, they opened it and we walked in, Enzo looked down at me and smiled, "You did very well, Liam. It looks amazing."

I felt my chest swell at the thought of making him happy, which was weird, maybe it was because I was really proud of what I had done and I wanted other people to like it.

"I agree." The younger one of the guests spoke up.

"Would you mind if we continued the meeting out here?" The older one spoke.

"Not at all." Enzo agreed, "It really does look amazing." Enzo whispered in my ear.

I backed away and smiled, "Thank you, I will just leave you three to your meeting now." 

I said and walked back to the house, waving to Ortiz and Marco who just glanced at me, not able to do much more in Enzo's presence.

Once I got back inside I say that there was food on the table, I decided to just go to the library and play the piano and wait for Enzo before I ate.

* * * 

Enzo came back in about an hour later and come into the library, I was in the middle of playing a song so he sat down on one of the couches and listened as I finished.

Once I was done he clapped and I turned to him, rolling my eyes, "You're so talented, Liam." 

I held back the urge to roll my eyes again and just settled on saying, "Thank you." 

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered and we walked to the dinning room and began eating.

"When will you plant the vegetables?" He asked, taking a bite of his pasta.

"Around April. Until then I will just keep the ground ready and trim the bushes." I said, taking a sip of my water.

We continued light conversation the rest of the meal, after we finished our meal Enzo asked, "You know, when we get married, we will have the first dance."

"What type of dance?" I asked.

"Formal, ballroom dancing. I know you can do that." He smiled and winked at me, reminding me of that embarrassing, cheesy moment when I danced right into Enzo. "We should practice." 

"I can ballroom dance." I said standing up and stacking my plates.

Enzo turned me around and took my left hand then placed his other hand on the small of my back, "Still, you could always use some practice." He smiled. Enzo had gotten touchy ever since I found out about the wedding. 

I shook my head, "We don't have any music." 

"We will make our own." 

"The library isn't even four doors down the hallway." I said pulling away from him.

"Then lets go to the library." He said and lifted me over his shoulder.

"Enzo!" I yelled out of surprise and anger, "Put me down!"

The maids giggled as we walked by them, "Help me." I begged them.

I grunted as Enzo put me back down once we were in the library and I straightened out my shirt.

He took my hand again and placed his other hand on the small of my back after he put on a record.

"Enzo." I groaned.

"Come on, you need to be prepared." He said, a shadow of a smile on his lips.

I sighed and followed his feet, dancing as gracefully as him.

I felt myself smile after a few minutes of dancing. 

As much as I hated to admit it, dancing with Enzo was enjoyable.