Chapter 25

Decided to add some interaction with new people and a dinner party.

Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes.

L I A M

Enzo was in his office and I was playing with the kittens right across from him when Enzo got the invitation.

I didn't even know Enzo had friends until the letter arrived.

"Enzo, this arrived in the mail for you." One of the maids walked in after knocking and handed him the envelope.

"It's from a friend." He said.

"Who is your friend?" I asked him, sitting on the other side of his desk, Minx in my lap, playing with my hand, as Enzo examined the envelope.

He cut open the envelope as he answered me, "Jonathan Kings. We've been friends since we were children, our fathers were in an alience, one we still have today."

"What is the invitation for?" I asked as he read it.

"His annual dinner party. I don't know if I'll go this year."

"Why not?" I asked and winced as Minx bit my finger a little too hard.

"Because I have you to look after, I don't want to leave you here. And you shoudn't let the kittens chew on your hands, its a bad habit. They have toys for a reason."

"Then take me with you." I said before even thinking about it.

"I don't know if that's really safe." He said looking at me now.

"Come on, I haven't gotten out of this house since we got back from your private island. I haven't even been able to go outside." I said.

"You don't even know these people yet you want to go so bad."

"I want to get out of the house Enzo."

He sighed, "We don't have a suit for you."

"I'll just wear one of your smaller ones." I said, smiling down at Minx who batted at the string of my hoodie, one I actually stole from Enzo and subconsciously made a habit of wearing while he was away.

"You really want to go?" He asked, looking at me skeptically.

"Yes." I almost groaned in annoyance.

"Alright, it's tomorrow night." He said setting the invitation to the side.

"Why do they send the invitation so close to the actual thing?" I asked, usually they give more time to get ready.

"Less time for someone to mess up the plans and stop it from happening." He said signing a few papers. I wondered what they were for.

But instead of asking I just got up with Minx still in my arms, the other kittens following me out of the room, leaving Enzo to finish up what ever it was he was doing.

As I sat down on the couch in the living room Callie jumped up to sit in my lap which she rarely ever did, she liked me but she like Enzo and Osvaldo more, especially Osvaldo.

"Well hello there." I smiled running my hand through her soft fur as she let out a deep purr, rubbing her head against my thigh as she stretched out against me.

I only got to enjoy Callie for a few minutes before Oliver jumped on the couch, taking her spot and resting his head on my lap, asking for attention.

It wasn't long before I passed out on the couch with him, taking a nap.

* * *

"Liam, I should probably give you a hair cut before we go, it's getting a little long." He said messing with the fluff on top of my head.