Chapter 29

The beginning was a combination of many of you lovely readers ideas.

Long chapter.

L I A M

It seemed that right after my small birthday celebration, Enzo got thrown into work, going into his office all day and not coming out until dinner. He also had to leave a lot more. Sometimes I wouldn't even know he was gone until Marco or Ortiz told me when I was looking for him.

I think he left a lot more because he had meetings to go to but he didn't want people coming here anymore after the De Angelis family incident.

I busied myself with Oliver and the cats. I also picked back up on reading and playing the piano. I would have gone out into the garden but there were still no flowers, and I couldn't get any with Enzo's constant working.

It felt like we hadn't seen each other in months, when in reality we slept together every night. It had only really been two weeks of busy work before he finally had a full conversation with me at dinner.

"Liam, I have some time coming up next week and I want to take you out on another date."

I looked at him, a little shocked, "Alright, where were you thinking of taking me?" I asked.

"A nice restaurant and a helicopter ride over the city."

I smiled, "Sounds fun."

Enzo smiled back and we finished our dinner and went to bed together.

* * *

So after a week of entertaining myself and finding things to do, Enzo got back home from an hour of being away and we got ready for our night out.

Once I was dressed and my hair was styled nicely, I met Enzo in the living room where he was on the phone with someone.

Once he saw me he smiled and said a few quick words to the person on the phone and hung up.

"You look beautiful." He smiled, pulling me in for a kiss before we walked out to the car.

"So what are eating?" I asked.

"We are going to another great Italian restaurant." He informed me, "But not the same one." 

"And then a helicopter ride?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes, with a trusted pilot." He said and kissed my cheek.

When we got to the restaurant we were led to a private room, romantically lit by candles and a dim overhead light.

Enzo sat me in my seat then sat across from me. The hostess set menu's in front of us, "Your waiter should be with you shortly." She smiled and walked out.

"This is, fancy." I smiled, examining the room, "And romantic."

"Well I only get the best for you, love." He smiled.

Our waiter walked in with some wine, "Would either of you care for a glass of wine?" He asked.

"No, thank you." I said, still not ready to take that bitter liquid again.

Enzo took a glass and I asked for water.

When he left to get my drink Enzo and I looked over the menu.

I settled on classic fettuccine Alfredo and Enzo got the lasagna.

We ate our food and held light conversation until we got to the helicopter.

"I'm a little scared, are you sure the pilot won't try to wreck the thing while were in it?" I asked, holding onto his hand.

Enzo chuckled, "I'm sure, the pilot is trusted. I wouldn't let you get anywhere near him if he wasn't." He said.