Valentines Day Special

L I A M

"Daddy, please." Luca begged from the basket, holding the candy he wanted but I told him he couldn't have.

"Luca, stop." I said taking the candy away, "You already have candy, baby. Now pick out the candy you want to pass out to your class."

Luca pouted but perked up at the sight of all the Valentines Day cards and candy. He picked out a box with card and a sucker on each one.

"Marco, Ortiz, look." Luca smiled, showing the two the cards he picked out.

Marco and Ortiz were with me because Enzo had to go out and he wasn't going to let me go by myself.

After Luca had shown his card to Marco and Ortiz, he pulled a stuffed animal off of the shelf and offered it to Gabrielle, who was strapped into the baby carrier I was wearing.

"Here Gaby." Luca smiled and Gaby giggled as she squeezed the purple elephant.

I smiled but kept pushing the cart down the isle. To the fruits and vegetables. I was trying to raise Luca on a healthier diet than I had when I was growing up, so I made sure he had grapes or carrots for a snack instead of chips.

"What do you want Luca?" I asked as we walked passed the fruits and vegetables.

"Carrots!" He smiled and I put some in the basket, "Strawberries, grapes... oh and some apples and bananas." He smiled, showing off his missing front tooth.

I put the items in the cart and after grabbing a few more things I went to the check out with Marco and Ortiz.

As we got everything on the table and the lady rang everything up she saw Gabrielle and smiled, "Aww, she's so cute. How old?" She asked as she made Gaby giggle.

"Almost a year." I smiled as Gaby grabbed onto my finger.

After I paid Marco and Ortiz grabbed the bags and I took Luca's hand as we walked back to the car.

"Do you think papa will like his Valentines Day present?" Luca asked while I got him in his booster seat.

Luca had picked out a stuffed gorilla and had drawn him a picture. I thought it was adorable and I knew Enzo would love it.

"Of course, baby. Your papa loves everything you make for him." I said and kissed his forehead as I got in and closed the door.

He smiled and rocked to the music that was playing in the car.

Once we got home I got a sleeping Gabrielle in with a hyper Luca.

"Shh, baby. Gaby's sleeping." I said quietly, trying not to disturb her.

I set her down in her rocker and turned on the quiet music that helped her sleep.

Luca sat down on the couch and waited for Enzo to get back home while I helped the maids put up the groceries.

It wasn't long after we got home that Enzo came home too.

"Papa." Luca smiled and jumped off of the couch to give him a hug.

Enzo picked him up and carried him back to the couch, "How was your day, Luca?" He asked.

"Great, we got you a present and I got my class Valentines Day cards." He smiled.

"That's great, I can't wait to see what you got me." He smiled and ruffled his hair.

I saw a bit of blood on the collar of Enzo's suit then and pulled him away, "Watch your sister for me okay, Luca." I said and pulled Enzo up stairs when he agreed.