October- Part 2

I just got in from being with Draco. After the party tonight I wasn't sure I wanted to go with him. This year it seems as if everyone is absolutely mad.

First Professor Umbridge, then Kayla. What is the Wizarding world coming to? I knew she fancied him but she's completely gone!

Let me back up a week. The day of the incident with Olive, the girls were hit with dung-bombs. While Draco and I were hugging in the common room, Kayla walked in. Of course she was the only girl unable to magically clean herself up. No, she had to come back to the common room. There was a very obvious reason for it.

I didn't press her then, but the angrier I got I felt the need to do something. I snapped the quill in my hand and I walked around the halls once before coming back to the common room to get another. Draco was still there and told me what had happened. They hadn't done anything.

In Potions she tried to tell me that she'd been looking out for me. The funny thing is, it's hard not to believe her when she seems so sincere. The only reason I knew she wasn't saying those words for my benefit was Draco eavesdropping.

On top of that, at Maeve's surprise party the bitch bloody kissed him! My best friend! Everything was going good, great even. Kayla was trying to introduce Francesca and Blaise. I'd secretly become friends with the girl around the same time Kayla did, but I didn't let anyone know. For a long time Kayla was chatting with Aurelia, Maeve, and I, and suddenly she was dancing with Draco.

Though I kept my head high like mum always taught me to do, I was a bit rattled. I didn't so much care that he was dancing with someone; it was the fact that it was my two "best friends" that bothered me. And then she bloody kissed him. Stupid cow. And I got to pretend it was okay.

But tonight, when Draco and I went out...I couldn't contain it.

"What the bloody hell was that tonight?!" I exclaimed, squeezing his stomach to a point where he was uncomfortable as he flew us out to our favorite spot on the grounds. He didn't answer until we were underneath our canopy. I got off the broom and stood in front of him, blocking his path.

He shrugged, with a smirk on his goddamned beautiful face. I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms.

"You look adorable all jealous like that," he remarked, and though my cheeks flamed red my temper wasn't hotter than the sun set on fire.

"Draco." I leveled. He took a deep breath and threw up his hands.

"She's been throwing herself at me! It must be my devilish good looks," he answered, leaning forward towards me, with a wink. I slapped his cheek and he looked shocked.

I took off running. Draco had no choice but to chase me the whole three miles we ran tonight. As I finally slowed down towards the end, I turned around to face him.

"Let's try that again," he said, and I nodded for him to continue. "She's persistant. I'll satisfy her and then everything will go back to normal. It'll be fine." I shook my head because he just didn't understand.

"She'll never be satisfied," I told him, slowing down my sentence so that it really sunk in. He smirked again, and I knew I'd lost his attention.

"I'll keep my options open, okay?" He bargained, holding out his hand for me. I slid back onto his broom with a sigh, and we began to fly back.

"Goodnight, princess." He whispered in the common room, before we went back up to our dorms.

I'm writing this entry under my covers, Lumos helping me out. How far is Kayla willing to go?