Chapter 23

“Why are you giving up your room?” Ron asks, shoving things into boxes.

“For one, this room is ugly, dark, and depressing. Two, this is supposed to be the Alpha’s room, whoever lives here is supposed to be Alpha. I’m no longer Alpha; I no longer get the room.” Vamp says. She was going to stay on her vampire side from now on, it made it easier and it wasn’t risky.

“Plus she is my mate and going to live with me.” Walter says.

“Ya about that, why did you say she was your mate?” Ron asks.

“Maybe because she is.” Walter says. Both Ron and Vamp drop what they are holding staring at Walter. “Fine, I know she isn’t. But I did it so nobody, including Gage, will bother her.”

“I guess it was a good idea.” Vamp says.

“But don’t get too cozy, she is taken.” Ron says.

“By who?” Mac asks.

“You have two mates, you are bound to end up with one of them.” Ron says.

“I don’t know, knowing Mac’s life don’t you think it more possible for them to die.” Walter says.

“That’s a cheery thought.” Vamp says. “Now stop talking so much and start packing.” Vamp says.

“Can’t you just teleport it there?” Ron asks.

“It would be a good practice.” Walter says.

“Teleporting isn’t a problem for me.” Vamp says.

“Fine then telekinetically move all the stuff to my room.” Walter says.

“I guess that would be good practice.” Vamp says lifting the things in her mind. It took a lot of concentration to focus on each object being picked up. “Did I miss anything?” Vamp asks not willing to turn her head afraid she will drop the stuff.

“Yes, this box.” Ron says. Vamp turns her head a bit, causing her concentration to drop and all her stuff clattering to the floor.

“Crap.” Vamp says.

“I think you broke your lamp.” Walter says standing up and examining the glass on the ground.

“It was ugly anyways.” Ron says.

“True, maybe with one thing less I can lift the box.” Vamp says. She concentrates again able to lift everything at once.

“Now bring them closer so they can fit through the door.” Walter says. Vamp nods in acknowledgement.

She does it perfectly, her head was starting to hurt and she could feel her body depleting but she knew this was the only way to improve her powers.

“Hello, is anybody here.” Gage shouts from downstairs.

All of her things crash to the floor in the hall way.

“Damn, just help me clean this up.” Vamp says to Ron. “You go figure out why Gage is here so soon.” She says to Walter. Walter nods before leaving them.

“You broke another lamp.” Ron says looking at the broken pieces.

“Does it look like I care?” Vamp says. She starts to lift up some of the boxes with her powers, too tired to lift it all at once.

Walter walked down the stairs seeing Gage and Sandy standing in the doorway with suitcases in their hands.

“I thought you weren’t coming until the end of the week.” Walter says.

“Yes, and that’s what you told us. But I was thinking, a pack can’t be Alpha free for a week. Things might happen.” Gage says.