Chapter 1: Simple steps to a new life

Rose's PoV:
I finally made it.
Never thought I would have done it, but I did it.
Three years of suffering but it was all worth it.
I opened my envelope and I immediately started to cry with tears of joy. I had gotten the grades I wanted; A* in Computer science, A in Art and B in Maths. I had worked so hard for it and now I have achieved something that I had never imagined.
I came home in tears and threw my arms around my mum and shoved the results in her face.
"I did it, I did it and now I can start up my life with a great start for my future!" I screamed through my tears. My mum smiled at me and gestured to the living room. I followed her gesture and wondered into the living room too see what she wanted to show me. On the table, there was a plane ticket and a piece of paper. I picked the plane ticket up and saw that it was for Washington. The piece of paper said that I had gotten a small apartment in Washington as well. My eyes widened with surprise and started to cry again. With all these tears, my eyes will be completely dry at this point, I thought.
"Although I'm completely against the idea of you leaving, I'm very proud of you perusing your goals and I wanted to provide the first step to your journey," my mum said, placing the plane ticket and piece of paper in my hand and closing my palms and taking my other hand and covering my closed palm. I smiled and hugged my mum warmly. To think this day started so great, I didn't think it would get better, I thought, having a final tear of joy slid down my face.

*Time skip to the evening*

I finished of some drawings of my anime OCR and leaded back into my chair. I turned my head to my wall with the plane ticket stuck to it. I smirked at it, grabbed it off the wall and stared at the date. Two more weeks until I leave. Cannot wait. I twirled around in my chair and stared at my room. Two more weeks of London and I will be leaving to my dream place in the world. Turning back in my chair, I turned on my second monitor and got onto YouTube and put on some Minecraft videos. I figured I would obviously get a job, since I was now an adult and had to learn to take care of myself. Thank God my mum is a great cook and taught me how to make really great food, I thought to myself, writing down some notes of stuff to do for when I go to Washington. After a while, I turned of my computer, flopped down on my bed, closed my eyes and smiled to myself, thinking about my future, not believing I made it.

*Time skip to the departure date*

I made it to the gate with my mum, dad and younger brother behind me. I turned back to them and took my three bags from them.
"Well, I guess this is me, thanks for bringing me to the airport," I said, tearfully, but very excitedly.
"What do you think we were gonna do, expect you to go all by your lazy self to the airport?" asked my dad, sarcastically and placing his hand on my shoulder. I gave him a sarcastic glare.
"Come on, number one, no, we'll never leave you by yourself, and number two, stop joking around you two and show some actual love towards each other," said my mum, pushing my dad towards me. I put my bags down and gave my dad a long and warm hug.
"I want to give Rose a hug!" Screamed my brother, pulling on my jeans. I let go of my dad and kneeled down to my 6 year old brother. I gave him a hug as well and rubbed his back reassuringly. He let go of me and gave me a wrapped present. I opened it and it was a picture of the two of us, doing monkey faces at the camera.
"It's my favourite picture of us," he said, wiping his tears and holding my hand tightly. I smiled warmly at him.
"I promise to Skype you every weekend, OK?" I said to him, but also looking at my parents to let them know about it. They both nodded and I looked down to my brother and ruffled his hair playfully. He giggled and held onto my dads hand. I smiled warmly at my parents and gave them one more hug, before saying goodbye and taking my bags and leaving for the plane.
I got into the plane, sat onto my seat next to the window, put in my headphones and leaned against the wall. The plane shortly took off and I slowly drifted off to sleep.