Chapter 2: The curiosity

The same night Marinette brought the case home, she was to busy with other documents at the station so she still hasn't looked it over. That was the second reason she brought it home. The main one was that her curiosity was killing her to read it , considering that Max and Kim were the best partners in the station and they barely managed to find something. They were going to be left empty handed if the thief didn't left theme some clues.

She got in her apartment tired , but not as much as to go straightly to bed.

She barely got home and started untying her shoes when she heard. " So you're finally home " a woman's voice came from the other end of the hall which led to the kitchen. Marinette looked up from her shoes to see her best friend and roommate , Alya.

"Yeah it was a long day " Marinette said a small smile appearing on her face of the sight of Alya. Her roommate had a beautiful ombre hair that was going from dark brown to medium dark red. She also had a beautiful pair of bright brown eyes ,who were behind a pair of glasses. Those eyes could either make you see a rainbow in theme or hell's blazing fire. The changing look that every reporter needed.

" A cops job is never than" said Alya with a joking tone as she disappeared into the kitchen , Marinette following her seconds later.

When the detective walked into the kitchen her nose was attacked by the heavenly smell of Alay's special. A delicious meal that she cooked only once a month . They were living together for four years by now and Marinette still didn't knew the recipe for this amazing dish.

"Yeah" said the dark haired girl as she rubbed her eyes in a desperate try to remove some of the tiredness , but failed miserably.

Alya's eyebrows come close to one another in confusion as the reporter inside of her awakened. Her best friend has never looked so tired from work, only once had Alya seen Marinette so tired , but that was year ago when they were high school students .

"What is torturing you ?" asked Alya as she sat down on the chair opposite from Marinette.

" You now the robbery from two weeks ago ?" asked the detective and placed the folder on the table before she rested her arms on the wood surface waiting for Alya's response.

" Don't tell me " said Alya as she figured out what happened to her best friend today. "Don't take it" she added as she went back to the stove to take a look at the dish she was cooking for diner.

"I have to be a professional" said Marinette and smiled , Alya could see right through that fake smile , but she new that for her best friend catching the criminal was one of her top priorities , there was only one thing that had a bigger weight and that was saving someone's life.

"So you're taking it " asked Alya and pored wine in two glasses .

"We'll see" said the dark haired detective as she let out a huge ball of ear she was holding. Seconds later Alya left a glass of wine in front of her. A much needed drink to help her get distracted from today's events.

"So how was your day ?" asked Mari and her roommate's face expression changed in seconds , from concern to complete happiness.

"I had a great day" began the reporter as she sat down two plates full of food. "It was awesome seeing Nathaniel again after so many years" she added and sat down on the opposite chair from Marinette as they started to eat their diner.

Seconds later the detective found herself listening her best friend talk about the shy Nathaniel who was sitting behind theme during the school years.

As Alya talked and Marinette comment they slowly got back in time to the school years. Soon loud laughs could be heard in their living room as they moved there after dinner.