Chapter 5: Becoming A Target

It's been two days since the detective got a visit from the handsome blonde Chat Noir. Ever since she couldn't stop thinking about him professionally and personally. She was a trained professional, her main goals were to catch criminals and protect life. She was taught to catch criminals, but this man did something to her.

He was a mystery that awoke her curiosity like nobody else. She wanted to know him , he managed to awake a feeling in her that she couldn't recognized , a feeling that confused her mind. A feeling that made the line between professional and personal very thin . Yet she was lucky and still managed to look things at a professional point of view. She was still seeing him as a job , as a criminal she has to catch , but yet something was off about this case.

Alya advised her to follow her gut and that same gut was telling her that something was off. She still didn't knew what it was , but she  was suspecting it had something to do with the mayor. Luckily she had a meeting with him today. She still hadn't looked at his file , she wanted to question him first , to see his reaction to her questions and then look at the file. His reaction in her opinion was something very valuable.

She still had time before she had to leave for the city hall so she was trying to find something about Chat Noir's personality by reading the notes he left at the crime scene and her office.

She found herself rereading theme again and again , but nothing. She couldn't hold on to nothing. And honestly rereading the same two lines was starting to give her a headache.

While the detective was reading the notes again and again , a woman with red hair walked in to the station while putting her car keys in her bag.

"Good morning " greeted Kim with a smile on his face and a little blush over his cheeks.

"Good morning Kim" answered the woman and smiled in return and made her way towards the stairs , after which she was going to the elevator that was going to take her to her lab.

She was humming a song while thinking about the experiment that she had to make in order to recreate a mini bomb explosion. As she was thinking she walked  down the hall she saw something on her left. The door of detective Cheng's office was open and the red head could see what the detective was doing. Most of the time this door was closed and you couldn't hear nothing from inside the office as police officers were walking up and down the corridor busy with work. But now it was left open. The red haired woman made a step inside and saw Marinette staring at the giant white board. She traced her sight and saw the two notes.

Before she entered the office any further she knocked on the door startling the detective a little. It took her a second , but Mari calmed down as she looked at the door seeing the red haired woman.

"Good morning Tikki" the detective greeted looking over her shoulder with a small smile on her face. Tikki is the stations forensic scientist and is the smartest person inside this building when it came down to science and experiments. If you needed an explanation on how a bomb was made or a second pair of eyes who would look on the scientist point of view she was your person. For Mari Tikki was more than a colleague , she was her friend. The red haired woman was very wise for her age and was always next to the detective in need , always giving a great advise when needed and support in difficult times.

"Sorry for scaring you" said the redhead and made a few steps in the office.

"It's okay I was just deep in thoughts " said the detective and looked at the board again as Tikki walked to her looking at the board as well.

After she saw the pictures of hospitals , two notes and the mayor she asked.

"You took the mayor case ?" asked Tikki and looked at Mari waiting for an answer. The detective bit her lower lip causing herself a little pain with her action before she answered.