CHAPTER 1

"sweetheart, wake up." My mom said as she gently shook me to wake me up.

"five more minutes." I pleaded as I pulled my covers up and put my pillow over my head.

"no Reyna its time to wake up and greet the world, now feet on the floor." little did we know the world was not the same world we fell asleep in last night...

I stumbled out of bed my mom left my room content that i wasn't going to lay down and go back to sleep. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, put on my boots and went out to do my chores before I went to school. After I fed the pigs retrieved the eggs from the chickens, and mucked the stalls, I went back inside to see my mom putting the last of our breakfast down on the table in front of my dad my 3 siblings, Ryan, Courtney, and My twin Casey.

"where's Troy and Jake?" I prodded noticing that the farm hands weren't outside doing their job's.

"I have no idea they are probably recovering from the weekend I was gonna give them the day off anyway, there's not that much to do today, seeing as Court and Ryan can help out today since they were suspended for playing pranks on their teacher." he stated giving the pair the evil eye.

"Its not our fault shes a bit-." They said in sync.

"None of that now, you two finish your breakfast and go get ready i'm putting you to work today."

"Yes Sir."

Courtney and Ryan are twins too, only 17 months younger than Casey and I, my parents got lucky that way having two sets of twins whereas my mothers sister can't have children at all. We finished up our breakfast helped mom clean up and went up stairs Casey and I got ready for school we took turns curling each others hair put on our make up and changed clothes. We head downstairs.

"Bye everyone, we'll see ya'll after school!" Casey and I said giggling about how alike we think.

"Bye!" They shouted after us as we went out the front door.

We got into our big black 2016 2500 Crew cab LTZ with 4 wheel drive and made our way out off our family's 200 acre farm. As we headed into town we saw no cars going one way or the other.

"This is odd." Casey stated. While I nodded in agreement.

"Are our clocks off?"

"No I don't think so, daylights savings isn't for another two months."

We made the rest of the way to school in silence but the site we saw when we entered the town was horrific, cars crashed into other cars, bloody people with odd colored eyes, covered in bite marks, and missing limbs were limping down the streets. when they heard us coming they started towards the truck but then there was sounds of gunshots and they lost interest with us.

"what-" Casey paused.

"The fuck is going on!" I finished.

A red F-150 pulled up beside us and rolled its window down and I saw Chase, the captain of the football team and 4 of his teammates, Nate, Caleb, Shawn, and Brandon.

"What the fuck is going on." I repeated this time so they could hear.

"The end of the world." Chase stated.

"You can't be serious." Casey replied.

"What else the dead are roaming the streets it's the fucking zombie apocalypse, people are eating people we need to get the hell out of town!" John shouted out of the back seat.

"We will but we need to get some weapons, food, and gas. We don't know how long this is going to last... what do you you two say you want to help us and get out of town together?" Chase asked.