Chapter 6

"Hey mom, hows it going?" I asked walking up behind her.

"Oh hi sweetie, I'm just about finished I was just sorting them into items and sizes."

"Do you mind if I take stock of the clothes and shoes."

"No, go ahead hon." 

     pulling up a chair I started to count all the clothes and pairs of shoes. When I was done I stood giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and made my way down the hall to the pantry which was only half way full. She came back in the front door carrying 6 bags in each hand.

"You still aren't done yet?" I asked.

"Obviously not." she retorted.

"Well I guess I will help you finish up."

"Gee thanks, after you brought home half the grocery store." She complained.

"Courtney why don't you set the bags down in the pantry and you and Reyna can bring the rest of the stuff in while I put it all away." My mom said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Yes mom." We mumbled as we started to the door. 

     As we were grabbing more food I noticed that dad and the boys still weren't back they must have found a weak point in the wall. We had to make about ten more trips out to the trucks but we finally got all the food and water into the house. I had them organize and count the food and water that we had altogether and tell me how much of each type of item we had. With the three of us working on the pantry we got the task done in 15 minutes. 

"Alright lets go see how Casey and Ryan are doing and take them some water." I said after we were finished walking outside.

    As I looked to my left I saw Ryan sitting on the tailgate.

"Why don't you take the rest of this stuff up to Casey and help her organize the loft while I go check on Ryan's handy work and count the feed." I said

     Tossing Ryan the bottle of water I walked into the shed surprised at how organized he had it all I had to do was count the stacks. There was quite a bit of food in here it should last for a while. 

"Good job little brother, now lets go count the stuff in the loft." I said as I pulled him to his feet.

    He followed me up into the loft and mom had already counted everything in the loft Thankful that all I had to do was write everything down. After I had finished putting the last Item in the loft I added our livestock and vegetable garden to the list as well. We had started down the stairs when dads truck pulled up.

**This chapter is a bit shorter than the others I know, I will be adding more tomorrow I hope that you guys are enjoying so far don't be afraid to criticize me I can take it.**