Chapter 7

"Hurry get him in the house!" My dad shouted as he hopped out of the drivers seat.

     Chase threw the door of the back seat open and jumped out of my dads truck. He turned around to pull a bleeding and unconscious Nate out of the truck.

"What happened?" Casey asked as we reached the truck.

"He's in diabetic shock!" My dad replied. 

      Before He even finished his sentence I had ran inside to the office I grabbed a "glucagon rescue kit",  I also grabbed some gauze and a suture kit, and disinfectant just in case where ever he was bleeding from needed to be stitched and ran out of the office and down the hall to see that they had laid him on the floor in the kitchen. 

"Here mom." I passed her the Kit.

     She flipped the seal from the vile in the kit of glucagon powder, removed the needle cover of the syringe, and jabbed the syringe into the vile injecting the syringes contents into the powder. She then swirled the vile around until its contents became clear, she re injected the syringe into the vile and pulled the plunger filling the vile. After she squirted a bit of it into the air to make sure there were no air bubbles in the syringe she jammed it into Nate's thigh.

"Roll him to his side." My mom instructed.

"Good thing that we have a nurse in the family." My dad said with a shaky voice.

"Reyna can you clean and stitch up his forehead." My mother asked as she handed me the suture kit with shaky hands.

"Of course mom." I replied.

     I pulled out the the disinfectant and poured it onto the gaping wound until the bubbling stopped. Reaching into the open kit Pulling out the curved needle and black thread, I pulled the skin together and had just put the needle in when Nate woke up and puked all over the floor in front of me. 

"Ewwwwwww!" I cried as the vomit reached my boots.

"Sorry-ouch." He whimpered reaching up to his forehead.

"Don't touch, I've got to finish stitching your head." I said as I swatted away his hand.

     We moved out of the pool of vomit and into the living room where I finished sewing his flesh together in silence. After I was finished I placed a bandage over the cut and we walked back to the kitchen where Casey was mopping up the rest of the vomit that they couldn't get up with the towels. They were talking about the wall and how there was only one weak point but they sealed it up and reinforced that section of the wall. My dad looked up at me.

"Your mother tells me that you have a list of all the supplies can I see it?" He questioned.

"Yeah." I answered as I passed him my notebook.

**Sorry only did one short chapter today for those of you following this story. It's been a busy day but anyways hopefully will be able to write more tomorrow night but enjoy**