Chapter 5

Dad and the boys got in my dads truck after putting all the cement, wood, and bricks in the back that they though they would need. My mom, brother, sisters, and myself went about dividing up the supplies and where they should be put.

"Okay so we will bring the food and water into the house it may be interesting to see the giant pantry we have completely overflowing. We can also bring the weapons that you all collected and put them in the office along with the medical supplies. The feed we can keep in the feed shed with the feed we already have. The camping supplies can go in the loft along with the generators. We can keep the gas by the trucks in case we have to leave in a hurry and pack some back packs with some of this stuff and put them in the trucks again just in case but hopefully we won't need to. The clothes we can separate by sizes and gender to choose from and leave them in the dining room." My mom instructed while we nodded along, she looked to me as to say you tell them which job to do so that is just what I did.

"Courtney you bring the food and water in, Ryan you put the feed in the feed shed, Mom You can bring the clothes in and sort them, you do not need to be doing that much heavy lifting, Casey you put the camping supplies and generators in the loft, and I will bring in and organize the medical supplies. Then we can take inventory on the items that we have and organize some supplies into backpacks for each vehicle. But first things first lets reinforce the gate." I ordered.

     My mom went to grab the keys to her truck. My dad had chose it because it was the largest one out of the group. while I went into the barn and grabbed the big steel chain and its matching lock to chain up the gate. Ryan had already locked the bolt by the time i had walked over to the gate. I stuck the chain in the slits in the fence, pulling the chain tight and snapping the lock on. Casey and Courtney came up behind us with 10 tall and thick sheets of plywood and had just finished placing the plywood when my mom pulled her truck up along with six thick wooden posts which were cut at an angle and we braced the plywood with them against my moms truck and prayed that it would hold should anything try to get in.

     When we were done bracing the gate they left while I checked to make sure the gate was secure and made my way back up to the house. Ryan had parked the blue Colorado in front of the shed and was starting to organize the feed by animal when I passed the shed.  The other two trucks had been moved and were now parked half-way between the barn and the house. Casey was just walking back from the loft to grab more supplies.

"I think we will be okay now." I told Casey as she grabbed the rest of the tents. 

"Me too, I'm glad we are all safe." She replied.

     I opened the Fords cab doors and grabbed two of the three bags filled with guns and other weapons and walked to the front door of our house, the smell of fresh squeezed lemons still hung in the air and my stomach began to growl. I ignored it and walked out of the kitchen passing by Casey organizing the pantry and made my way down the hall to the office and put the bags down by the door. I turned on my heels and went back out to the trucks to grab a couple more bags, I saw Courtney struggling to carry two 48 packs of water at the same time.

"Hey squirt if they are to heavy for you, you should only carry one at a time." I told her as i caught the water that she was getting ready to drop. 

"Thanks." she told me as i walked with her to put the other case in the pantry with her.

"Just doing my job." I said as we walked back out to the trucks.

    I grabbed two more of the heavy weapon filled bags and brought them into the office as well and after a few more trips all of the medical supplies and weapons were in the office. Moving all the contents off of my dads desk I emptied the contents of the first weapon bag which held 6 SR45 pistols, 10 90s series Beretta's ,12 CZ-USA 9mm scorpions, and various other semi automatic handguns, bullets, and silencers. I laid them out on dads desk sorting them accordingly and moved on to the other bags until I was finished. Grabbing a notebook I decided to make an inventory on the weapons before I moved on to the medical supplies. When I had finished with my lists I took the notebook with me and went to check on my mom.