Silent

Maya's pov

"Run Maya! Run!"

I'm sprinting as fast as my legs can carry me. Checking behind me to make sure he isn't following me. I'm wheezing, trying not to collapse on the forest floor. I spot a large tree big enough to hide myself. I slide behind it having my lungs burn, breathing heavily, I desperately attempt to catch my breath.

I slide my back down the tree and flop down, bringing my knees to my chest. I start sobbing hard, rethinking what had just happened to me. I grip my knees tightly remembering how he told me there's no escape, I start to cry harder when I hear a twig snap. I instantly stop and hold the breath I had just regained.

I shift my body to the right, in an attempt to see what made the noise. I finally get the courage to get a full look and I pull my body around. Nothing. I release the breath I'd been holding and relax once again. Until my blonde hair is gripped and pulled, forcing me to jump to my feet. I wince as the figure yanks harder on my loose curls to get my attention. I hear the voice I'd hope I would never have to hear again.

"Gotcha"
________________________________

I jump up straight out of my bed, cold sweat dripping off my forehead. I have tears running down my cheeks, and my throat is soar. I wipe off my tears with my sleeve then turn to the alarm clock on my bed-side table.
5:15 AM.

May as well get ready.

I get out of bed shaking my head, as if I was trying to shake the memory of that hellish nightmare out of my head. I approach my closet, that I had just filled with my clothes, and pull out my outfit for the day. My First day. Of school.
Yay.

I examine the black leggings, beat up black high top converse, and my favorite maroon Hard Rock Café crewneck sweater. I roll my eyes, and decide to just go with it. I bring my clothes into the bathroom with me and place them neatly on the sink. I examine my tired, sad, and shameful face. I look much like how I had that dreadful night. I take a deep breath then strip my clothes off to get in the shower. I take a nice long soak, attempting to wash my fears away. Let's just say I'm still afraid of the dark, along with many other things. I get out, dry off, put my clothes on, then blow dry my messy wet hair. After my hair is completely dry I take my straightener and make my blonde curls disappear.

"Maya, Sweetheart, are you up?" I hear Katy ask from outside my bedroom door. I get out of the bathroom, and open my bedroom door to reveal Katy, holding a beautiful light brown pleather messenger bag with some white crocheting on the pockets. I've always preferred pleather to leather, it's shinier, and much more elegant. My eyes widen as she hands the magnificent bag to me.

"Well i figured, you know, you might need a bag for school. So I went out this morning and grabbed one for you."

I look down at the beauty in my hands and run my fingers along the white lacy patterns. I give her a small smile, and a quick nod. She seems satisfied with my response because she turns around, smiling, heading back down to the store.

"I hope you like it! But you better hurry up! School starts in twenty minutes!" She shouts from down the stairs. I whip my head around to the alarm clock resting on my table and realize it was already 6:50. I run back to the bathroom and put on a bit of mascara before dashing down the stairs, through the store, and out onto the sidewalk. I can't be late for my first day, that would draw attention I most definitely don't want. I walk fast down the sidewalk when i realize something,

I have no idea where I'm going.

I stop in my tracks. Not a good idea to do that in New York. Someone pushes me off the sidewalk and I tumble over into the street. I land on my back and hit my head. I internally groan, and slowly sit up, rubbing the back of my soar head. I sit for literally a second, when I hear the honk of a car and headlights heading for me. I freeze. My body won't move. I close my eyes and brace for impact. The headlights get closer and closer, when a boy grabs my hands and pulls me out of the way seconds before the car can hit me. I'm launched into the guy's chest, I hear his heart beating rapidly. Why is he freaking out?
I pull away and quickly glance at my savior.

It's bookshelf guy.

A/N

Ehehehehehehehehehe I love this book
Ok byeeee~Kat😘