New Setup (chapter 5)

"Get up!"

"Five more mi-"

"Get off of your lazy ass come on!"

"But I'm tir-"

"Me too just get up!"

"Noooooooo."

"Yeeeeeeesss." Haleigh mimics while trying to get me to wake up.

"Why do I have to get up?" I ask turning around on the bed and covering my head.

She removes the pillow from my ear, "Because it's the first day of your tour smart one!"

Oh shit. I forgot.

I bolt straight up and almost yell, "Why didn't you wake me up earlier!"

"I tried but you almost broke your alarm clock, pushed me off of you, and told me you didn't want to wake up. Five more minutes and I would've ice bucket challenged you in your sleep." She tells me and I laugh.

"Oh the ice bucket challenge. I remember when I did it. That was forever ago then. It was also very cold. Do you-"

"Oh god. Just put some clothes on and get to the area before sound check please." Haleigh giggles while walking out. Hopefully to make me breakfast. I'm starving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was wrong about the making breakfast thing but we are sitting here in a McDonald's drive thru trying to get some food to eat on the way to the stadium.

We get there two minutes late. I guess I was supposed to be there twenty minutes early because they have already started to set up without me.

"Damn couldn't wait two minutes for me?" I joke getting my mic ready and tuning my old guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And I know now, that I'm so down. Hey!" I sing the last lyric of the last song that is on the set list.

We start the concert with our last single and end with our first.

The management thought I would be cool to do it that way just as a "return" to where we started.

"Nice job, Uncle Luke!" Aidan tells me.

"Yeah that was good!" Kyle exclaims.

"Great job 'ole man! I'm surprised you still have it in you!" My oldest son jokes.

The whole band (except for me) was supposed to be replaced by random people but I requested for my friends kids to play. My grandson, James, is playing lead guitar. Something that his dad and I taught him may I add.

Our new drummer is Kyle, Nia from Hey Violet's only grandson. Our new bass player is Aidan, Niall from One Direction's youngest grand boy.

It's really cool to have some of my friends' grandchildren to play in our "reunion" tour. I wouldn't want to any other way. It's like having a piece of my friend's bands with me.

It kind of makes me sad that none of the other boys kids or grandkids wanted to be a part of "5 Seconds of Summer" but at least I have my boy.

Once I get backstage to wait a few hours until the show starts, I see a poster saying that our show is sold out as of a week ago.

It's still marveling that someone like me could sell out arenas because I can sing and kinda play the guitar. I guess I'm better than I call myself to be.

Now, just time to wait.

A/N

Shortish chapter. Idk. This book is going to be short maybe like 4 more chapters.