I've Been Watching You (PART 1!)

(Your POV-your name is Serena)

I couldn't believe what was happening all in the matter of 3 hours.
I left my abusive boyfriend after he came home drunk again and high from a party. He beat the hell out of me, leaving bruises and red marks all over my body including a black eye. But I finally escaped him.

Then, I came home to my parents house because I needed love and support and someone to hug. But the second they saw me step into the house, all I heard was scolding and yelling in my face.
"How could you let him do this to you?!" My mom asked, gripping my shoulders.
"He was drunk-"
"Drunk?!" My father screamed.
"How could you be so stupid, Serena?!" "Why didn't you tell us sooner? How could you let him get to your head?!" They yelled and yelled and yelled. That's all I could remember from our little 10 minute get together.
So, I decided to go back to my own apartment.
Only to find that the landlord had put up a "FOR RENT" sign on my front door.
I forgot to pay the fucking rent and I was locked out of my own house. I sighed, banging my fist on the door in frustration.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't have any friends at the moment. Just my purple bike that got me everywhere because I had no money for a car.
Shitty life, right?

I had to sleep on the streets then. Or I could just keep riding my bike until morning and then I could find the landlord and talk to him then.
I went outside in a huff, grabbing my bike and zoomed down the streets of Gotham, tears welling up in my eyes.
The streets were a bit empty at 2 in the morning, but I knew that some crime was alive at this time of night. I didn't care.
I thought about how I lost everything all in 3 hours. I sobbed, keeping one hand on the handlebar and the other rubbing my eyes and trying to wipe away the tears that burned. I pedaled faster down the empty street, closing my eyes from the wind hitting me as I sobbed harder and harder.

Suddenly, I heard a pop! from my front tire and my purple bike halted to a stop but I flung forward, tumbling onto the road, getting more and more scratches and bruises and wounds

I lay on the road, blinking slowly, trying to understand what just happened.
I tried sitting up, but the pain pierced my entire body, threatening me.
"Arghh!" I groaned, laying back down on the road. I heard a car engine and its headlights come my way but I didn't bother to move.

I should just kill myself now. Why not? I have no friends, an abusive ex boyfriend, my parents think I'm an idiot, I can't pay my rent, and now all I have is a broken purple bike.

I closed my eyes, hearing the car engine getting closer. Bright lights flooded my vision. This is the-

Out of nowhere, I felt strong arms wrap around my body. I gasped at the touch and fluttered my eyes open only to see a man with green hair, looking at me, expressionless.
But the pain consumed me and then I blacked out.