Manipulation

A/N: Here's the oneshot with the Avengers and Joker! Hope you like!

Song: Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones

It's been a while since you've been out on the playing field but after what seemed like hours of the Avengers team arguing weather or not you should compromise the Joker, you were finally let loose in the city to find him.

That's right, the Joker. A crazy sociopath criminal that belonged in Gotham, not New York. He was the King in Gotham City but now he was seen robbing one of the biggest banks on Wall Street and, of course, killing innocent people. It was like a silent agreement in New York and Gotham--that criminals from Gotham stay in Gotham and criminals from New York stay in New York. But of course, the Joker was the first person to cross that line. Literally.

"She's not ready. This freak belongs in Gotham and she's never once had an encounter with him." Bucky had stated, crossing his arms and glancing at you.

"Joker will think she's too vulnerable and he'll try and take advantage of her." Bruce agreed with Bucky and looked at Steve for approval.

"That's right. He'll try. Doesn't mean he will. You got that, (y/n)?"

Steve nodded at you and now the rest of the team were looking at you for your response. You opened your mouth to speak but Tony cut you off,

"I still think Natasha should do it. You have more experience with this kind of thing, don't you, Nat?"

"But (y/n) is strong enough. I know it. And we'll have backup just outside the bank if you need us and we'll communicate through the comms." Natasha replied and gave you a small reassuring smile.

The whole team was protective of you, annoying as it was. Too protective. You were the youngest on the team, almost like a little sister to them. You liked the attention but you were a superhero after all, and they should know that you would be in difficult situations like this one.

So, you took up the mission anyway and Sam had flown you to the bank. There were no cops since Director Fury had advised the NYPD to lay low on this one. Apparently, the Joker was a criminal that you and the team understood better than the police did.

"Thanks, birdy." You smiled at Sam as you land on your feet gently just outside the bank. He nods at you and replies, "If he tries anything funny with you-"
"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll give the signal." You sigh and fake saluted him and he took off into the air where he held his position on the ceiling with Tony, for backup. Bucky, Cap and Natasha were just a block down, suits at the ready. Clint and Bruce stayed in the jet above the bank. 'You can never be too careful with the Joker,' they'd all said.

You walk up the steps and through the revolving door. God, this place was a scene. Bodies lay everywhere on the marble floor, money scattered and blood stains along with it. The place was deserted and it seemed like you wouldn't be able to find the Joker after all. Until he finds you first.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Your head whips towards the sound of a deep and growly voice, your hand reaching for the gun in your thigh holster out of instinct. You see the green haired man emerge from what looked like a vault, carrying a small bag over his shoulder. Your breath hitches for a moment as he starts to walk closer to you. Stay focused, you told yourself. You didn't know where this was going to go or how it was going to end. But you needed to stick to the task at hand. Follow orders.