I Can Handle Myself (FINAL)

I woke up and found myself sitting in a small car. The only light shining was a lamp post nearby. Apparently, my seat had been adjusted so I was lying down. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes.

"You're okay."

I looked to my left and a guy with black mohawk-like hair and blue eyes stared back at me.

"W-where the hell..." I trailed, looking around me. The car was parked on the side of what looked like an abandoned road. I suddenly realized that this guy could possibly rape me and there would be no one to call out to for help.

"No, no, no..." I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the passenger door. I stumbled out into the darkness and I instantly felt a chill run down my spine. It must have been like 60 degrees out.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" The guy shouted, stepping out of the car.
I turned and started to walk away from the car, crossing my arms over my chest trying to keep in the heat. I was only wearing a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top.

"Hey! Come on..." I heard him run up behind me but I just kept walking faster, having no idea where I was headed.
Suddenly, I felt his hands on my shoulders and he turned me to face him.
"Why are you leaving?!"
I tried to push away but he had a firm grip me.
"Because I've had a fair number of experiences like this with douche bags and it doesn't end well." I said angrily. He let go of me and ran his hand through his hair.
"I-I'm not like those guys. I just saved your life back there, sweetheart." He gestured his thumb behind us, referring to the pervert at the carnival.
I sighed and walked in circles, looking up at the starry sky above.
"Can I at least take you home?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

I was about to say yes when I suddenly remembered that my parents were out of town for the week, and I left the apartment without a house key.
Fuck.

"Uh..." I said feeling completely embarrassed and looking away. This guy probably thought I was totally messed up. I just almost got raped and I didn't have a home to go to. Well, I did. I'm just stupid and forgot the damn keys.

"I can't really go home right now." I managed to mumble.
"What?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows, "Oh, wait. Let me guess. You weren't supposed to go out tonight because your parents didn't let you and now it's 2 AM so if you were to go home, you would be completely screwed."
"A little less complicated then that, actually. Don't ask." I said crossing my arms.
He started to walk back his car, leaving me alone in the dim light. I stood there, confused if he was going to leave me alone in the middle of the night. But he turned back and said, "Come on."
"Where are we going?" I asked, unfolding my arms, hesitating to follow him.
"I'm hungry." He simply stated and opened the drivers side door.
I stood there, completely baffled. Where the hell would we go at 2 AM on a Thursday?

We drove into the dark night, the road abandoned. He didn't bother putting on the headlights which made me a little nervous, but I didn't say anything.

"What's your name?" He glanced at me and then looked back at the road.
"Ana." I replied. My name was the most innocent name ever. I hated it.
"Yours?" I asked looking at him as he kept his eyes on the road, one hand over the steering wheel and the other hanging out of the window.
"Mine?" He said sarcastically, smiling softly.
"Well, I need the name of my savior." I joked.
"Jack Hayes." He replied after a moment.
"And where are we going, Jack?"
"I know a place."

********

The place that Jack took us to was a lousy diner, smelling of alcohol and French fries. Drunk people talked loudly at the bar with sports T.V's turned up behind them, lazy waitresses took orders, and some men could be heard starting up a fight while glass was being shattered.