Chapter 8: I hugged you.

"Keep talking" Carl says.

Enid laughs a little. "Why?" She asks.

"...i like the sound of you're voice." Carl answers.

Enid laughs again. "Ok, I'll stay on."

Carl turns to his side still keeping the walky talky on. He closes his eyes while laying on his bed.

"Tell me something?" Asks Carl.

"Tell you what?" Enid asks.

"I don't know, just something. You're parents. You're life before all this. If its not too much to ask?" Carl lets go of the button waiting for an answer.

"I don't remember much of my life before this." Enid says. "But i know a bit about my parents. Not much, i chose to forget about them, but thats kinda hard, ya know forgetting you're parents." Enid adds.

Carl lays on his bed, eyes closed, just listening to her speak.

"My dad," Enid begins. "He was an alcoholic. He stayed up late, most of the time drinking. If he wasn't drinking in the house then he was at a bar drinking."

Enid lets out a sigh from her dry lips. "My mother didn't like, his addiction lets call it. She tried everything to try and stop it, but nothing worked. He struggled in this world, everything was limited. Even alcohol."

She let out another sigh. "It was hard for him. Really hard when all this broke out."

She blinked and two tears escaped her eyes. She wiped them away.  "I miss them." She explained.

There was a small amount of silence, before Carl spoke. "I know how you feel." He assures her. "Losing someome is hard." He adds.

He sniffs. "Its not easy, but nothing is easy now." He hesitated a little "I'm sorry" Carl finally says.

"Thank you..." Enid replies. "Hold up, I'll be back now."

"Why? What is it?" Carl began to worry.

There was no answer.

Enid dropped the walky talky on the floor, a twig pushing down the button, letting Carl here everything.

Enid nelt down, pulled her gun out of her holster and aimed to shoot, she fired. Alarming Carl.

"Enid, what was that?" Asked Carl loudly.

Enid watched the walker fall to its death, well second death. Once it hit the floor, the stayed there on her knees for a while.

She put her gun back in her holster. A tear rolled down her left cheek. She got back up, ignoring Carl shouting if she was ok through the walky talky. She walked over to the dead walker and got onto the floor by it.

She sighed as she layed right next to the walker her skin touching its skin. She closed her eyes and listened to Carl shout into the walky talky at her. A tear rolled down her face, she didn't wipe it away she let it escape, followed by a bunch if tears, her cry slowly turned into a sob.s

She layed there, sobbing her heart out in the middle of no where,  with a walker dead right beside her.

"Enid." Carl said softly into the walky talky. He could here her crying, it was quiet but he knew was alive and not smiling.

Enid looked to her front. Her sight was blured from all the tears. a blurred vision of a tall person standing by her feet was calling her name softly. She wiped her eyes, slowly clearing her vision.

She sat up. "Carl?" She called in confusion.

Her vision was clear and she knew it was Carl. She got on her feet, she was two inches away from him, their noses almost touching, he took a small step towards her, he softly rested his chin on top of her head, slowly wrapping his arms around her.

Enid hesitated, but soon hugged Carl back, her hands so close to touching his back, she moved them closer to him, and finally when her hands touched his back, Carl took his chin off her head and looked at her, he did this for one second before saying "Enid, Enid are you ok? Where are you?" His voice crackling as if he was still speaking into the walky talky.

Carl still had his arms wrapped around Enid, Enid shook her head in confusion. He was asking her where she was, but he was standing right in front of her looking at her. Enid looked in his eye. His lips formed a smile, causing hers to do the same as she did this, Carl slowly disappeared from her arms, leaving her confused and scared.

"E-id, Enid, where are you." Carl called into the walky talky.

Enid was back in the real world, two tear slipped down her cheeks as she realised she had never hugged Carl she just imagined him there, it felt so real, so true but it was all her imagination.

She shook her head and walked over to the walky talky, she held downthe button, she hesitated "I hugged you Carl." She said softly in reply to his worried words.

Before Carl could answer, she had already pushed down the antenna so the signal was lost, she picked up her bag and continued to walk back to Alexandria.

"I hugged you Carl." I hopeyou enjoyed this chapter!