Chapter 15: The forgotten

-3 hours later-

Enid coughed as she kicked the leaves around in the wood. She covered her mouth with her dirty hand and continued to walk forward, not knowing where she was going, all she knew is that she had to get away from Alexandria. The place had gone up in flames she had no idea how, or who survived. She was all alone.

Her tired face was wet from all the tears her eyes couldn't hold in. She's lost her family and her parents, all she had left was Carl and she questioned whether he was alive or not. Shs watched Carol slowly die right in front of her, she had he leg almost stolen from her body by some hooligans. Yeah. She was upset, and she had the right to be.

With no weaponry, Enid followed her feet and kept her head just, just trying to forget all the pain and what just happened. She sniffed as another tear sliped down her dirty cheek leaving a clean strip of line on it from the tear. She sighed and kept walking.

A twig snapped underneath a foot that wasn't hers. She looked up and slowly spun around trying to see whether it was a walker or a human. Nothing appeared untill she had turned 360°.

A young boy about the age of her stood about three meters away from her holding a gun to her head. Enid stopped breathing for a second due to the fright.

"Drop your wepons." The boy said in a sturdy tone. He frowned as he watched the painc on Enids face increase quickly.

Enid gulped.

"I don't have any to drop." Enid said in a shy, scared voice. The boy loosened his tight face and glared at her.

"I'm gonna ask 'ew once more..." began the boy. "Drop your wepons." The boy pointed the gun at Enid more viciously.

Enid glared at him.

"I don't have any wepons to drop, asshole." Enid placed her hand on the top of the gun and pushed it down, away from her face. "So, there is no need for that." Enid looked at the gun half way through the sentence. The boy placed his gun into the back of his pants, not looking at anythjng else but Enid.

"Why, don't you have any wepons when your out here alone? You do know whats out here don't you?" The boy formed a frown with his dark brown brows.

Enid rolled her eyes. "Ugh, of course i know what's out here... I've  been here since i was 10." Enid looks the boy up and down. The boy laughs to himself as he looks at Enid.

"Oh, so we're the same age then." The boy looks at Enid with his big round green eyes. "I'm Mat, short for Matthew." Matthew adds.

Enid smiles at him sarcastically, and attempts to push past him.
Matthew puts out his arm to stop her.

"Where you going?" Matthew asks in concern.

"Why do you wanna know, asshole." Enid says sharply while staring at his eyes.

"Because,"  the boy moves directly in front of Enid. "You have no weaponry, and there is a herd about 50-60 shredders down there, i was just running away from. The boy licks his bottom lip.

"You're gonna need some weaponry if you're heading that way, sweetie."

Enid glares at him. "Don't, call me sweetie. Asshole." She stands up straight trying to match his height, but thats kinda hard for her he's 6ft and shes 5ft+.

He smiles at her, "You like that word don't you?"

Enid smiles. "Yeah i do, asshole."  Matthew laughs.

"Come with me, I'll give you some weaponry and maybe a bed, bc its getting late and you don't wanna be out here when sun goes down." Enid smiles then quickly drops it.

"I can't stay, i have to find my boyfriend." Matthew's faces drops.

"Boyfriend..." Matthew sounded disappointed.

Enid nods.

"Well, what id you stay tonight, then in the morning I'll give you some wepons ans we'll find your... boyfriend." Matthew smiled.

"We'll?" Enid quoted.

"Yeah, I'll help." Matthew offers.

Enid nods. "Ok then..." she sounds confused.

Matthew just stares at Enid for a while, and Enis looks up at him.
After a few minutes Matthew snaps out of the trance and quickly says "Oh uh, this way." He points to the behind Enid, "ok, lets go."

Do you trust Matthew?