Chapter 8

Eric's POV
She's my mate, I couldn't believe I didn't realise sooner her smell is intoxicating and I couldn't get her out of my head. When I went away on business she was constantly on my mind, I thought getting away would have helped but clearly it didn't. I couldn't believe I caught my little brother all over her, just the thought of it made my blood boil.
I headed towards the gardens to find him. As I arrived at the gardens I found him on a bench swigging a bottle of bourbon I walked over to him with my fists clenched " She is my mate if I ever find out you've put a finger on her it will be the last thing you ever do" I snarled at him. Alex stood up to face me " how was I supposed to know she was your mate you ran away on business an didn't bother coming to check on her for weeks! I was there for her when you weren't, I was her shoulder to cry on when she was upset and missing her family while you did what you do best and ran away!" I took a minute to take in his words and unclenched my fists I took the bottle of bourbon out of his hand took a swig and slumped down on the bench "I'm sorry your right I just don't know what's going on in my head right now." Alex looked at me and said "I know but you need to sort it out before you loose her forever." And with that he turned and walked away.

Alex POV
I collapsed onto my bed drained of all energy after tonight's events. I couldn't believe she's mates with him my mind kept replaying how good those kisses were how I would love if she could be mine I could give her so much that my brother couldn't, I couldn't wait to find my mate my other half the one I was made to be with the rest of my life and now my brother had found his I hated to admit it but I suppose I was jealous. It was like I was doomed to spend centuries and centuries searching for someone I may never find. As dawn arrived I closed my eyes and drifted off into a troubled sleep.