Chapter 15

Braden POV

Her hand. It is in mine. Her hand is holding my hand.

I am so shocked and confused, that I almost don't hear the annoying beep, beep, beep, of the machine Livy is hooked onto. Indicating some movement, and brain activity, has been activated. But I did hear the doctors came rushing down the hallway.
I give Livy's hand a quick reassuring squeeze, then jump up and dash behind the open door, just as the doctors come rushing in.

I peek around the side of the door a little bit. Just enough to see Livy through the mess of nurses and doctors. They're all around her. But there's a gap between two of the nurses, giving me a view of Livy.

I gag as they start to poke needles into her perfect skin, and taking tubes out of her body, replacing them with new ones.

I admit it. I'm scared. Was it me that woke her up? I mean, she was gonna wake up anyways, but not for another couple of months. Does she love me back? That question is killing me. No. I tell myself. She loves Peter. I should've never told her the things I told her. But maybe it's a good thing I told her. In all the movies I've seen, the characters always tell the person the love their feelings too late. But this is not a story. I stubbornly tell myself.

Is it too late? I don't know anymore.
I let a small sigh escape my lips.
I look back at Livy and almost bolt out the door.

She is looking directly at me.
Her eyes are open.
Those beautiful deep blue eyes. The eyes like the deepest ocean, are looking right at me.

Her eyes are glossy with pain. I see something else in her eyes though. Hatred, fear and love.

One thing about Livy, she cannot hide her emotions. She's a open book. You can read her emotions like reading a book.

She gives me the smallest of nods, reassuring me that she is okay.
I am so confused with the hatred Livy is feeling, but I don't have time to think about it, because at this moment, a doctor decides to turn around. Before he can see me, I dash out of that room faster than a cheetah chasing its prey.