I cannot die

I decided to mix Tim Burton's film the 'Corpse Bride' with MPHFPC. This oneshot book is based on the books by Ransom Riggs but Emily is younger than in her film, otherwise it would be awkward, at around 13 but is still a corpse. Also I'm making up a last name as she doesn't have one given.

Enoch O'Connor had always wanted a friend, sure he had plenty of peculiar friends already but he wanted a friend who was never freaked out by his peculiarity, the Dead Riser.

His plead was ignored for months and there was even a new peculiar join them, Jacob, but still no hope of any true friends when a knock on the door startled the children.

"Let me go and see who that is children." Miss Peregrine said standing up, walking to the door gracefully and opening it to reveal a girl.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Miss Peregrine asked sternly.
"My name's Emily and I'm peculiar." The girl said.
"Come to my office." Miss Peregrine said taking hold of Emily's wrist.

Gossip spread through the room like wildfire about this new girl; who she was, what she could do, etc.
The sitting room door opened and in walked the new girl and Miss Peregrine who was looking quite pale.

"Everybody this is Emily Moon and I'm sure you will all get on well together."
"Hello." The girl asked timidly. She looked to be around Enoch's age and she gave warm smiles to every person.

"Hi, I'm Olive!" Came a tinkling voice from the celing. Emily looked up and sure enough a small child was sat cross legged on the chandelier.
"How on earth did you get up there?"

"That's Olive, she can levitate when she's not wearing her shoes." Came a voice next to her. Emily looked to her right to find a boy wearing...nothing!

"Oh, please put some clothes on if you wouldn't mind!" She cried out.
"Why, people can't see me anyway." Millard said. The girl just continued to cover her eyes then it dawned on him.
"Wait...can you see me?" He asked hopefully.
"Yes and why are you so surprised?" Emily answered back.

"I'm invisible."
"I can see things others can't, for instance I can see you and a boy stood in the corner watching us who has brown hair and is about your age." She said pointing to the corner and then to Bronwyn.

"Victor is here?" Bronwyn asked.
"Is that the boy?" Emily asked.
"Yes, he was my brother."

"Anyway Millard maybe you should put at least trousers on." Hugh said. The door opened then closed for a while until a pair of trousers and a shirt walked in.

"Thank you, Millard?" Emily said.
"No problem, why don't we go to dinner and we can introduce ourselves."
"Ok, do lets."

The odd group walked out of the sitting room and through the hall.
"What's down there?" She asked pointing downstairs.
"My basement where I do experiments and practice my perculiarty." Enoch replied.

"Ooh facinating! Can you show me sometime?" Emily asked.
"Erm, yeah of course anytime, it can be a bit messy at times though I have to warn you." Enoch said actually smiling for once that he had met someone who enjoyed his skills. Granted she didn't know what they were yet but that didn't matter.

"What's your peculiarity?" Asked Emily to Enoch.
"Mine is I can give things life."
"Wow that's so interesting."

After dinner Enoch showed Emily his basement where she marvelled every glass jar full of organs and his homunculus. An hour later both of them walked back up the stairs covered in clay and smiles etched on their faces to the surprise of Claire who was passing, for Enoch was never happy.