Chapter 11//Jayden

Amira and Gigi were pixilated on the screen. Romeo and his family were going to Amira's for a meal later that night, and she was choosing an outfit with Gigi.
"IT'S HOPELESS!" She screamed. She threw herself into the bed facedown. I sighed.
"Calm down." I told her.
She went to try on another dress, a tight white number with light blue flowers. She went into the bathroom. I got to talk to Gigi.
"So.. When do you want to go for that pizza?" I asked.
"Erm.. What about next Saturday? I'll come with Ammi to your lesson, then we can go?"she suggested.
"Yeah! Yeah great." With that Amira came back .
"Whoooo! That's the one! My big batty gyal!" Gigi teased.
"You look amazing Ammi." I said.
"Excuse you."Gigi laughed.
"Sorry Gi," I said.
Gigi got Amira's GHD's and straightened her hair. It cascaded down her back in an obsidian wave. She did her makeup in a natural look, with a little bit of concealer, mascara and lipstick. She brushed her thick natural eyebrows and she looked amazing. Gigi had to go home so I said I'd call her later. Amira hung up. Romeo was due any minute.

Romeo's P.O.V

"Kids, hurry up!" Mom shouted up the stairs.
I messed with my hair a bit more. I wanted to impress Amira and her family. Tonight was the night I was asking Antonio if I could ask her to be my girlfriend. I was wearing a navy blue suit jacket and matching trousers and a white shirt. My hair fell across my forehead in Amira's favourite style. I pocketed my phone and picked up the presents I had for Amira's family. A bunch of roses for Katrina and a crate of Stella for Antonio. For Amira there was another bunch of roses. I walked down the stairs to where my  family were waiting.
"You look lovely sweetheart." My mom said.
"Thanks." I said blushing.
We got in the car and set off. My family made conversation to distract me; they knew I was scared. We pulled up outside Amira's house. It looked vaguely Spanish, and it was beautiful. My dad rang the doorbell. Antonio answered. He was wearing a shirt and tie, and black suit trousers. Katrina was behind him in a navy blouse and black skirt.
"Welcome, welcome, come on in!"Antonio welcomed us warmly. He hugged Mom and Dad, and so did Katrina. He said hello to Brook, Cruz and Harper and shook my hand.
"Alright, son?" He said "She's in there." He nodded to the living room. Mom and Katrina were sitting on the sofa, deep in a gossipy conversation. Antonio got Dad a beer and they sat talking on the sofa. Amira was standing next to the dining table. She looked more gorgeous than I had ever seen her before. She was wearing a tight white dress with blue flowers. It set off her figure beautifully. Her long black hair was down and straightened. She smiled at me. She hugged Brooklyn and Cruz, and picked Harper up to say hello. She put her down and came over to me. I pulled her into a tight hug and rested my chin on top of her head. She pulled away and smiled.
"Do y'all want a drink?"she asked. She got juice for Harper, Coke for Cruz and a WKD for Brooklyn, her and me. We went and sat with the adults. The conversation turned to us kids, and what we'd got up to in the past. I discovered Amira had been hit with a Bible in Church on Christmas Eve and Mom told Kat about the time a fully grown crazy woman poured a bowl of soup over my head.  Maisie excused herself to go to the toilet and all eyes turned to me. I went red.
"Mr and Mrs Garcia, I want to ask your permission to ask Amira to be my girlfriend." I came out with all in a rush. Antonio smiled.
"Of course you can mate. Don't let her down, because you'll have to answer to me and Jayden." I laughed.
"Thankyou Sir." I said. "Do you think Jayden likes her? Like do you think he'll try and split us up?"
"Nah, she doesn't like him like that. She loves him like a brother because she doesn't have any siblings." Katrina said.
"She can have one of mine!" Brooklyn shouted.
Everyone was still laughing by the time Amira got back. Katrina announced that dinner was ready, and we all picked a seat at the table. I realised I had left the presents in the car.
"I'll be right back." I said.
I got the flowers and booze and went back inside. Amira sat next to me. I gave Kat her flowers." Oh Romeo, sweetheart, you shouldn't have!" She gave me a hug. Antonio laughed when I gave him the Stella. "We'll both have one of them later!" I walked over to Amira and handed her the flowers. I took her hand.
"Amira, from the moment I saw you get out of that go-kart, I knew you were special. The happiness you have brought me has been extraordinary. Will you be my girlfriend?"
She looked shocked and happy at the same time. Antonio looked pleased and Kat looked emotional, but a happy emotional.
"Of course I will." Amira said, tears running down her face. She threw her arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around her. We sat back down and I wiped her tears. She held my hand under the table for the whole meal. We ate, and Katrina's Spanish themed meal was delicious. After we ate, we put some music on and danced. It was after 1 a.m when we left. We got in the car and Cruz and Harper were asleep. Mom and Dad were singing Amira and her parents praises. I got home and discovered I had a text from Amira. I changed her contact to "MyLove💍👫" and read it. "Thankyou for a lovely night, my mom and dad love you and your family. See you soon, I love you.💘"
I texted back "I've changed your contact to MyLove👫💍, thank your parents for having us and for the lovely meal. I love you too 💘💍"
She texted back "I've changed yours to MyBabe👫💘, I'm going to sleep now, goodnight babe💘"
"Goodnight Baby💘💘" I texted her.