Chapter 1

Hey again! Thank you guys for a few messages and feedback, I'm glad you seem to be stoked on this story. It's really fun to write since dancing has a special meaning to me. I used to dance ballet for eleven years but I had to stop due to all the stress and all that. I really miss it but I can't ever go back because my teacher moved and yeah.. But ballet will always have a place in my heart so whenever I write something out of Lilith's point of view, where she says dancing helps her cope with life, it's just reflecting my opinion on things haha. So, I kinda relate to Lilith, not only with the ballet thing. I just wanted to try express my feelings or identity through her character. Though she doesn't listen to metalcore and I do xD Blablabla, whatever! Sounds very cheesy, I'm sorry.

The song for this chapter is the piano version of The Hardest Part Is Forgetting Those You Swore You Would Never Forget - Being As An Ocean. I think I'll mostly work with piano versions, especially with UsoUta's! Make sure to check out her YouTube channel, this person is doing great work C: Dedicated to RecklessMartinez because THIS HUMAN BEING'S STORIES ARE THE BEST MY EYES EVER READ AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THEY ARE AMAZING AS HECK, YOU'RE WRONG!

I can't see through the stars in my eyes.

And I don't recall breathing steady, ever since you've been in my life.

So, let me catch my breath before you steal it once again.

I should be dead by now.

I swear it, on my heart you know I wear it on my sleeve,

For everyone to see that I am yours and you belong to me.

And nothing in this world could ever make me this happy.

So, don't fall asleep, don't fall asleep.

I'm yours to keep, I'm yours to keep.

And from here on in, I'm giving it everything.

Lilith's POV:

When I woke up and looked what time it was, a smile spread across my face. I know I had another hour left but it was impossible to fall asleep again, I was way to nervous and excited. So I got up from my bed and quickly hopped into the shower. After I was done, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body.

I decided to wear something I could quickly change for the performance so I just went with black skinny jeans and a crewneck. The only thing I really had to do was my hair and makeup. The sooner I would be done with that the better. I wouldn't want to keep worrying about how to fix my hair ten minutes before I had to go on stage. So I blowdried my hair before brushing through the long caramelbrown strands. When they were dry I started pinning them up in a bun with bobbypins that matched my light brown hair colour. Now I just had to apply hairspray before I started applying decent makeup, including concealer, powder, a bit rouge and fakelashes. Nothing more.

I grabbed my bag and put in the stuff I needed before I got downstairs. As expected, my mother was already gone. She head off to work without saying goodbye or leaving anything behind. She didn't even wish me good luck, I'd be surprised if she even knew where I was going to. But that woman just didn't care. A small sigh escaped my lips but I shrugged the feeling off. I shouldn't let that bring me down. It's not like I expected anything else from her. What was important now is to stay focused on what was ahead. If I make it, I can escape this living hell and live my dream. Without a parent who doesn't care.

I figured I shouldn't eat too much or else I might throw up in front of the judges because I was that nervous. I highly doubt this will improve my chances of being selected. So I just went with an apple and some water for breakfast. After I finished washing my dishes, I grabbed my phone to check the time.