Chapter One

Here is my first story on here! Please comment what you thought and vote if you liked it! I'm going to upload every day. :D Thank you for reading this. <3

That's Steph ~~~~>

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I silently made my way to my brother Evan's old light blue VW and climbed into the passenger seat. I saw from the rearview mirror, my brother packing the last of my stuff into the back and make his way to the driver’s side. "I'm sorry it happened to you like this..." He whispered before starting up the van.

I looked over at him and nodded. "Yeah, me too." I mumbled. I looked over at my parents’ house one last time before Evan drove off. I watched the neighborhood I grew up in fade into the distance the longer we drove. I felt like I abandoned everything, just like my parent's abandoned me... I closed my eyes, not wanting to think about it and slowly nodded off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared out the window, as the classroom chattered away about what they are going to do for summer, a vibrant green leaf fell catching my attention. I saw a hand wave in front of me. "Hello! Earth to Jazz! Wakey wakey. Were you even listening to a word I was saying?" Steph rolled her eyes. "Well since I am such a nice person I'll repeat myself. I asked you what you are doing for the summer.” Steph is one of my new found friends when I moved. We do everything together. We’re even at the same college together.

“I told you that I was going to the beach again with my brother.” I shrugged. “It’s always the same answer. I thought you’d already guess I’m going there.” I thought about all the previous summers my brother had tried to cheer me up. Once I found out I was leaving, he bought a small little beach house out near the neighborhood I grew up in. I asked him how he got the money, and all he told me is that my parents wire in money to him here and there. This surprised me because they left me alone in the first place after winning the lottery. Shortly after, they got arrested for possession. That’s when the money started coming in.

“You know you zone out too much. It still get’s on my nerves.” She pinched me real hard.

“Ow! Will you stop doing that?!” I glared at her.

“Not a chance. Now as I was saying. I am going to Hawaii. You are more than welcome to come with me if you want.” She glanced over at the clock. We had three more minutes before class ended.

“No, I’m okay. I miss all the people back home. You have fun though.”

“You bet I will. All of those single hot men. There’s going to be people hooking up everywhere, and lots of summer love in the air...” She trailed off looking dreamily at nothing.

“Now it sounds even more boring.” Everyone around us started counting down the time. The bell rand right on the mark and all the people cheered. I saw Beth and Connie walk out the door as fast as they could. I picked up my book back and headed out the door.

“So then will we at least hang for the last week of summer? I’m kind of bummed you turned me down again.” Steph pouted and gave me the innocent eyes. “Please! Please! Oh pretty please!” She started shouting.