Chapter 7

Over the next couple of weeks, you had secured your own apartment space rather than staying at a guild. The rent was 100,000 jewels a month. It was relatively cheap for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. You sat down on one of the couches of your living room, happy with the way it looked.

After a while, you decided to go over to the guild and look for a job. You need to stack up on cash on your new apartment. You also wanted to pay a visit to your new team, team Natsu. Mirajane said that team Natsu was probably one of the strongest Fairy Tail teams ever. You had to agree. There was Titania, Natsu and Gray, and another newbie celestial mage who destroyed a vulcan with one finger. Plus there was you, who defeated Natsu when you two sparred, you not even using Dragon Slayer Magic. Some people even said that you were a contestant to be one of the strongest in all of Fairy Tail. Apparently there a lightning mage named Laxus and another mage named Mystogan who was a contender as well. You knew little about Mystogan, but there were rumors about Laxus and you couldn't imagine your self being on par with him.

Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sudden amounts of attention on you as you walked to the guild. Normally, you would get a certain amount, people recognized you as the Siren. But there were people looking at you worriedly, as if something went wrong. Due to your advanced hearing, you had listened in on their conversation,

"She doesn't know about it?" One woman said.

"Poor girl." Another man said.

You immediately sprinted over to the guild, worried about what they were talking about. When you got a clear view, what you saw shocked you to no end.

The guild was , iron pillars sticking through and out of the guild in several directions. Pieces of wood and debris were scattered all around it. The thing that angered you the most is that you already had a good idea of who did it.

They were going to pay.

You had finally found a family, a place to call home and accept you. They had just destroyed it, as if it was nothing. Everything that you cared about had been taken away from you, but then you had been just a young child. You were now an adult, and capable of protecting things that mattered to you. You were going to protect Fairy Tail.

You walked into the basement of the guild, hearing the conversation.

(A/N: I changed up the dialogue a little bit. I didn't want to be too cookie-cutter.)

"Phantom? That all those half-wits got in 'em?" Makarov deadpanned. "Attacking the guild when no one was here? Who in their right mind would enjoy that?

"No one was here?" Erza asked.

"It turns out that it happened in the middle of the night." Mirajane informed.

"So that's why no one is physically hurt. That's one small thing to be grateful for."

"If those bastards can only give us a sneak-attack, they're not even worth our time of day. They're not worth our time!" Makarov proclaimed. Natsu punched the wall.

"This ain't right!" He yelled. "I won't be satisfied until I go and crush these guys!" You had felt his pain. You wanted to go beat the shit out of Phantom, but you could restrain your feelings far better than Natsu could.

"This discussion is over. Until the upstairs is repaired, we'll take work requests from down here." Makarov said. By then, the entire guild was looking at the scene, silently agreeing with Natsu.

"There's no time to do jobs!"

"Natsu! I've had enough!" He then smacked Lucy's butt.