1

Some years back Beyoncé found herself jobless and pregnant she was able to land odd jobs here and there but of course she wasn't able to go back to being an art teacher with all that bad press following her, she was stuck at dead end job after dead end job. Until she got a call from a number she didn't recognize, it was Chance he was fresh out of college and ready to open his own art gallery. He had made a name for himself already, he started his own clothing line it was basically t-shirts and hats with his art on it or symbols significant to his life. That was in his freshman year and it blew up as the years passed, all the kids are wearing something he designed now.

About 2 years earlier
"Hey, Bey."
She recognized the voice immediately "Hey, Chance."
"How've you been?" It was probably a dumb question but he didn't really know how else to start this conversation.
"I've been alright doing my best to make the most out my situation" she told him honestly.
"Good to hear.." He had butterflies in his stomach just talking to her, the school crush never faded even after how it all ended.
"You're just about finished college aren't you?" She asked.
"Actually I finished a few months back."
"Ahh, congrats Chance that's awesome!" She cheered.
"Thank you thank you, well actually that's what I was calling about.. I'm opening this art gallery and was wondering if you had an interest in helping me run it, you could even put an exhibit of your own in there" he offered.
She was shocked she had always dreamed of owning a gallery one day but truthfully her financial situation wouldn't let her when Shawn left he took most of the money and because of the way they split they had a nasty custody battle and Shawn ended up getting custody of their daughter, Blue. She couldn't find a job at that point and was living with her mother and it didn't help her story was very much in the public eye. But she felt that this was an opportunity she hadn't had good news like this in a while she would be a fool to turn down this second chance.
"Wow, Chance I don't know what to say.."
"Say, yes?" He chuckled.
"I would like to have lawyers there when we draw up the logistics of this partnership but, yes I would like to go into business with you."
They worked through the business side of the deal and ended up opening the gallery about six months later. They named it the Bennett-Knowles Art Gallery. Art was finally part of Beyoncé's life again.
As they spent more and more time together that flame between them sparked again. Chance eventually asked her out and she said yes, they have been dating for a year and a half now.

Present Day

She stretched in bed then opened her eyes. Her movement woke Chance.
"Morning" he smiled.
"Morning" she said back.
"Sleep good?" He smirked.
"Oh, yes" she smiled.
"Me too honestly, you had me knocked out Yoncé." Yoncé was a nickname he made up for her when they first started dating, she liked it.
"YOU had ME knocked out Chano" she winked.
He laughed.
"But I have to get up Shawn should be here with Blue in about an hour."
They both got up, showered together, Chance made them a quick breakfast of waffles with sliced strawberries and a side of bacon.
They were in the middle of eating when the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it you eat" he told her.
Shawn handed Blue's travel bag to Chance.
"Okay baby, be good this weekend I'll see you later" he kissed his daughters forehead.
"Okay daddy love you!"
"Shawn" Chance nodded greeting him.
"Chancellor.." He said back. That's usually as far as their exchanges went, what happened between them happened a long time ago but they could never see themselves being friends. Cordial, yes but friends, no.
Chance took Blue's hand and led her inside.
"Hi Blue Blue!" Beyoncé happily greeted her daughter.
"Hi mommy!"
"How've you been baby?"
"Good.. Mommy can we paint our nails?"
"We sure can baby, but mommy was just about to wash the dishes let me finish them first."
"I'll finish them" Chance offered standing behind Blue.

Just as she promised they painted their nails.
"Mommy you like seeing me right?" She asked as they sat and let their nails dry.
"Of course baby."
"Why you don't wanna see me all the time like daddy?"
"Baby that's a long story just know if I could see you everyday I would, I love you so much Blue" she went over to kiss her cheek.
"I love you too mommy."

I'm finally getting to writing a sequel to Resentment  (iMusikJunkie   xobeyxo ) this was a little intro. 😊