An angel?

"I'm a Purgatory Angel," Shep said.

I started choking on my noodles. He's kidding, right? He's gotta be? How does a fucking angel end up in Hell.

"You alright?" Shep stands up to hit me on the back.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Thanks," I swallow a few times, coaxing the food down my throat. He sits back down and continues to eat.

"So are you going to ask?" He puts his plastic container back in the bag as he finishes off the last of his food.

"Ask? Ask what?" I'm still trying to swallow correctly.

"I can see it on your face. You're trying to figure out how I ended up here. So, ask."

I stare at him for maybe a solid minuet. His face is mesmerizing.
"Okay, well, I have two main questions. Bare with me," I cough to clear my throat, "Question number one, why are you here? Really? Second question, how'd you become a Purgatory angel?" Shep stares back at me.

"Alright, answer number one. I'm here because I was asked to keep watch over you. Someone wants you safe and protected at all time. And no, I'm not going to tell you who. So, I've been instructed to keep you fed and keep you company. Answer number two, I did just as you did. I sold my soul, for a friend. As the years went on I did what I was told. Down to a T. Then one day I was told someone important needed to see me. They told me I was well behaved enough when I was alive to stay up there. But I declined, so we compromised. I wouldn't belong to either Heaven or Hell, but remain neutral and help when asked," he stares at me, maybe trying to read my face.

"I know you said you wouldn't tell me but if I guessed who sent you, would you tell me if I'm right?" I lean against the table in excitement, awaiting his answer.

"I suppose," he shrugs his shoulders.

"Was it Nick?" He looks confused.

"The demon Nick or Satan?" Shep asks.

"Satan." I tell him.

"No,"

"What about Jameson?" I ponder that guys real power for a second.

"Do you honestly think he has that kind of power?" He tilts his head like I'm an idiot.

"Well no. Not really, but you said someone wants me safe. Are they higher up? Like way way high up?" Shep nods his head.

"Are they Heaven high up?" He nods again.

"Is it... God?" Shep get this smirk on his face. "But...but he never cared about me before! Why would he even, I don't understand. Are you allowed to tell me anything?"

"As much as I would like to, no. I'm not," he passes his hand over his head and I catch a glimpse of a halo.

"Alright. I would like more information about your second answer though, if you can tell me," there was a knock at the door of my office, interrupting our conversation.

"I'll come back later," Shep gets up and goes to the door. As he turns to the side I can see his wings folded against his back.
"Oh, hey. I've heard about you. Your daughter eats cats," And I now know whose at my door.

Shep turns to look at me and I very aggressively wish that I could turn him to ash.

"Let him in Shep. I'll see you later I guess," Damon steps through the door way.

"For the last time, that was the first time she's eaten a cat!" He's not talking to me, but I hear Shep laugh on his way out.

"What do you want? I really have no time-" he cuts me off.

"You seem to have enough time to talk to that, that creature." He was going to continue but I cut him off this time.

"That creature? Really? That's how you want to address this situation? If anything, you'd be the creature in question. He was very nice, and he doesn't have any children who will eat my cats," I say the last part just to see him flare up with rage.

I succeeded.

"YOU HAVE MORE PRESSING MATTERS THAN TALKING TO A WINGED- WINGED, AHH YOU CAN'T TALK TO HIM I FOR-" I cut him off with a thought.

"I'm sorry you feel that way Damon, but I no longer need any advice from you. You can go now," I wish him to be gone so he disappears.

But now that he's gone I can think about what Shep said. That I'm going to end up like him. Great. First demon, then an angel.

••••••••••

This a really short chapter and I apologize for that and me not updating in several weeks. But yeah, Daniels powers are getting stronger and Shep is being a tease. And Damon still hasn't learned to control his temper. Sorry for this shit writing. ✌❤ ~ £lijah.