Prologue

I should be adding a new chapter every Monday as I already have the next several writen. If you want to know exactly when you can add me to your fan list and it will alert you. Also, leave a commit and let me know what u think.

Prologue

Nathar knew it was his time. The king of the land of shaz was a master of all the heroic aspects. He had been training for longer than anyone would have believed to achieve the level he had. It was time to control the land of Edom and claim it for him and him alone. He had been planning these events for years and knew that there would be no better time than now.

There was only one problem that stood in his way, Luke, the king of the land of Ilthar. He was a wise king and had surrounded himself with powerful men. Luke's kingdom was bigger and stronger than any other kingdom, even that of Nathar. He knew he had to strike quickly and he had to do it in complete secret. If he were to fail no one could know where the attack originated from.

It was unusual for a king to leave his kingdom, especially alone. He left his high counselor in charge, the only man he could trust and told him he was taking a few weeks to spy out his own kingdom in secret. This wasn't entirely unrealistic as people had began to grumble about the high taxes and immense military presence in every city. Nathar ruled with an iron fist and depended heavily on his military to govern the people. Nathar had long talked about traveling his kingdom in secret to hear the people. It was all a ruse of course to set these events into motion, he never had nor ever would care about what his people thought.

He had crossed the border of Ilthar a week ago traveling at night in stealth and secrecy avoiding any towns or people he came across. He was now inside the walls of the great city of Meridia, the capital city of Ilthar. He waited till after midnight to sneak into the castle. Security was tight but none of these guards in this area could see him unless he wanted them to. He moved from shadow to shadow as he entered tha large and dark castle with speed that could not be matched or comprehended.

He moved down a long hallway with four guards, two at one end and two at the other, but to them he appeared to be nothing more than a shadow caused by a flickering torch. He entered the throne room of the castle and if his information was correct the hallway to the right side of the throne should lead to the kings quarters. He had no idea what to expect after that. The only ones that were allowed in the kings quarters were his wife, high counselor, and personal guards. There was no information to be bought or gathered on King Luke's personal quarters.

If they resembled anything close to his own quarters there would be a separate chamber for his wife, a war room, and maybe a library and of course his own personal chambers. He needed to do his best to enter the king and only the kings chambers as security would be intense and to enter the wrong room and sound any alarms before he reached the kings personal chambers could prove disastrous. The guards beyond that door would not be tricked so easily by moving shadows or his almost perfectly silent steps. If he made one mistake they would be ready, and he would have to flee.

He Approached the hallway and saw two guards standing right inside. The hallway was not wide so there would be no way for him to sneak between these two. He would have to kill them, and do it silently and quickly. He was trained in all forms of assassination but to kill both of these highly trained guards that quickly without sounding any alarms may not be possible. He reached into their minds, first the guard on the right, and then the one on the left. The guard on the right was definitely vulnerable to manipulation, But he could tell he would have to break him down first