Chapter 18

*Emily's POV*

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I picked it up. 

"Yeah?"

"Hey Em it's me.. Where you sleeping?"

I rubed my eyes "Yeah, but it's fine What's up?"

"Well I was wondering if I can come over for a while before the dance?" 

I thought for a while. "Um..yeah..sure."

"Ok thanks bye"

I hung up and let out a big sigh. I walked over to the bathroom. Red eyes, smeared mascara, tear stains. Great. I cleaned myself and put on a smile before I went downstairs. Camila was sitting on the couch on her phone. "Hey sleepy head" She said not looking up from her phone. She has a  key to my house in case something happened, I kinda regret giving it to her though. She could come creep me out in my sleep or something knowing her who knows. I walked passed her  to the kitchen "Want something?" I asked. She walked into the kitchen. "Whatcha got?" I pointed to the fridge "Help your self" she got out my half eaten pizza from last night. 

She sat next to me. "So how ya been?" I sat there for a while. I wish I could tell her that I've been torn sad destroyed forgotten. That I'v wanted to cut myself again. Instead I smiled "Great and you?" She smiled "That's good and I've been wonderful as you can see. The bitches talked to you?" I shook my head "Nope they probably scared to since last time" I pushed away what had happened earlier. She laughed "They better be. No one messes with my Emily" She grabbed my head and kissed my head. I looked at her weirdly "What? Can't I show you Best friend Love?!" I Smiled "I love you too"

After some time together she left. I felt a little better. I was listening to music when someone knocked on the door. I looked out the window and saw those blue eyes. I opened "Hey Emily." I smiled and let him in. "What's up what brings you here?" I asked He smiled and sat down "You, I was wondering since you know Camila is going to the dance and you're alone. That maybe if you would like to go out to have dinner with me?" I smiled and acted like I was thinking. "Hmmmmm...I don't Know..." I started He looked away and I laughed. "Just kidding sure. Why not" He smiled "Great, I'll be back at 7 then" He got up and left.

I took a shower and straightened my hair. I put on a pair of boot cut jeans, a gray  long sleeve plain gray shirt and my bright pink scarf and my vans. I put on a tiny bit of makeup. And went down stairs to wait on Alex. I got a message from Camila.

Camila: Hey boo :* 

Me: Hi Camz What's up?

Camila: On my way to the dance and you?

Me: Well I kinda got invited out for dinner :) <3

Camila: Awwwww. Well at least you're not alone tonight. Hey remember no being naughty. 

I rolled my eyes

Me: says you. lol

Camila: haha very funny Well I got to go bye have fun and be safe! Love you babe.

Me: alright Love you too. And you remember to be safe if you know what I mean. 

Camila: Shut up bye

I put down my phone. Just then the door bell rang. My heart skipped. I got up to open it. Our eyes met again. He was wearing a red polo with khaki pants and white Nike shoes. He smiled at me "You look beautiful like always" I blushed a little. We walked out to his car.  He opened the door for me I got in. 

We rode in silence I looked out the window when I felt his hand on mine. My heart jumped once again I smiled at him. 

We got there. It was a decent place. He had reserved a place for us. We sat down "Wow Alex. You're amazing" he smiled "It's because you deserve it" We talked more and ate.

After wards he took me for a night walk in the park. He stopped at a light pole and turned to me and looked into my eyes. "Emily, I want to tell you that I love you since the first time we talked in  the coffee shop. When I looked into your brown eyes. You always bring a smile to my face. Don't let other people bring you down. Because you are worth so much and you mean so much to me." I couldn't say anything back. That's when He leaned in and this time I let his lips meet mine. I felt nervous but great at the same time. All my worries went away. Everything on my mind disappeared and only Alex was on my mind. He pulled away and hugged me.

I put my head in his chest listening to his heartbeat. "Alex I love you too" Was all I could get out.