Trust Me, Please?

Rather throw away that which is dearest to you, your own life, than turn away a good friend.
-sophocles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 - Trust me, Please. 

"Are you mad!!?" I shouted at her, with one hand still on my cheek, "first the shoes, then cans and now a freaking spoon." was I angry? Yes, very. The anger I feel every time when someone even playfully hits me was returning back to me. The first 2 times she completely caught me off guard, but this time, she'll have to face the consequences of her actions.

she was looking at me with a scowl on her face, not backing and this fact that she wasn't even a bit guilty of what she did, made me even angrier "You better behave your-"

Suddenly, the scowl on her face was gone and instead her lips turned into a downward smile, which made me stop mid-sentence. Her expression was not new for me. I knew these expressions too well, I know what this meant. Deja vu all over again, uh oh... She's going to cry, any second now!

I gulped silently, all traces of anger long gone. I was now worried. I know how hard the last night was. No, nooooo, not that way! Dirty brain.

My assumptions stood corrected true when her blue eyes started filling with tears and her lips started trembling.

"Whoa! Hold it Right there, Alice." Yes, stupid, stupid me was asking her to hold on to the tears, as though they were under her command. Not helping Jace, something better dude, come up with something better.

"Hey, Hey, You wanna throw stuff at me, its okay, completely fine... throw anything you want to throw at me." At hearing this the trembling of her lips stopped, okay, good going Jace, so all she wants is to hurt me, that makes her calm, okay, not depressing at all.

"Here" I grabbed Lizzy's spoon from the bowl and handed it to her and she took hold of it. "Throw even this at me, if it helps..." That's a potential Weapon Jace!! What are you doing buddy? *Sigh*.

".... But just don't cry." I requested her with a cautious look on my face and just after that, the WATERWORKS STARTED.

Aw, Shit! Seriously!!

"Jace! You are not supposed to say 'Just don't cry!' that line is an assured gateway for tears." Liz said, finally opting to speak, while mom, on the other hand, was frozen in her seat with mouth slightly open and staring at me. "What?!" I snapped at her totally irritated and this made mom snap out of whatever trance she was in.

"How am I supposed to know that?" I then replied to Liz.

Alice was once again sniffing while crying and her lips were trembling, the tears kept on coming and just won't stop. From where do girls get all these tears from? It is far away from my understanding!

I was looking helplessly at Alice, while she kept on staring at her hands in her lap and the tears kept sliding down her cheek and kept falling on her palms. I don't know whether she is an eleven-year-old or not, but she sure as hell looks like a five-year-old in this pose.

"Oh, look a Chocolate." Mom said out of the blue, and Alice slowly looked at her. Mom was holding Hershey's milk chocolate bar, which I have no idea where she got it from because I was busy looking at Alice.

Mom brought the chocolate forward towards Alice with a big over-enthusiastic fake smile on her face, Alice brought her hand forward to take it, but mom backed her hand away and said: " uh, uh, Stop crying first".

Alice wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand and whimpered slightly, she then looked at mom.

"Now that's like a good girl." Mom said to Alice and then allowed Alice to take the chocolate from her hand.