Chapter 5

"Will someone please remind me what the hell we're doing breaking into an Asian gangs garage, in the middle of the night, which I should probably add is owned by someone whom on multiple times has threatened to kill the majority of the people in this car?" We where sitting outside Jonny Tran's hangout in Jesse's Jetta and I was starting to think that helping Brian in this underhanded endeavor was going a little far.  

"Because these guys are going to be an issue at Race Wars and it couldn't actually hurt to give ourselves an edge." responded Brian.

"I wasn't talking to you Buster but whatever." 

"Come on let's go," said Dom as he got out of the passenger seat. "Lay low and keep watch." he said to Jesse.

It took us a bit but we managed to climb onto the roof of the garage. We managed to jimmy open a skylight that was positioned above one of Tran's lifts. One by one we dropped onto the car and from there onto the garage floor. We looked around hoping to find anything useful. Brian seemed to be rather interested in a stack of boxed electronics in the back. 

"Hey yo, Dom. There's no engines," said Vince as he shined a light into the cars. We looked under the hoods of some of the other vehicles and he was right. 

"What are they planning on racing with? Hopes and dreams?" asked a puzzled Dominic.

"I don't know but I know they're sneakier then shit," responded Vince.

Dom's phone rang, " What Jess?"

I couldn't hear what Jesse was telling Dom but I could tell it wasn't good. 

Dom hung up the phone. "Hey we got company, yo Spilner!" 

We darted behind the cars in the back just as the lights came on and the garage doors opened. Brian just managed to hide when the first motorbike shot into the garage. Vince pulled a pistol out of his waistband and I pulled out my switchblade. Dom gave us a hand signal telling us both to just hang tight. Within seconds the place was full of bikes and leather clad people.

Two asian dudes strode forward one holding a middle aged man at gunpoint. The other dude casually strode around the garage this had to be Jonny.

"Let me ask you something Ted. Do you see anything wrong here?" asked Jonny.

Ted responded, "No."

Apparently this was not the answer Tran was looking for. He grabbed Ted by the neck and forced his head towards a nearby car, forcing him to see the empty space where the engine would be. "We got no engines do we? Do we?" he shouted.

"No," responded Ted again. Tran released the man.

"A couple of Nissan SR20 engines'll pull a premium one week before Race Wars."

"Yeah, probably."

"You're a smart fence Ted, probably too smart. What're feeling Lance, forty weight? Fifty weight?" Jonny said has he took off his jacket. 

"Nah forty weight sounds nice," responded Lance.

Jonny grabbed Ted again and dragged him over to an oil drum and pinned him to the floor. Lance handed Jonny the nozzle to the oil drum and started pumping vigorously. Jonny shoved the nozzle in in Ted's mouth. Ted gagged and spat as oil gushed out of his mouth. 

"Where are they Ted? Where are they?" shouted Jonny. 

"Urg, they're in the warehouse, they're in the warehouse. C'mon man," gagged Ted.

Jonny finally let off. He went and sat down on the bumper of the car that was behind him and wiped his hands with a rag. "Hey Ted, kiss my shoes?"

Lance gestured at Jonny's shoes with his gun. Ted crawled over to Jonny and bent over to do as he was directed. Jonny leaped up and kicked Ted in the chest, knocking him back to the ground. Jonny threw his rag onto Ted. "Let's go get our engines."

They all left. Ted doubled over since his chest was clearly bruised. The doors shut and the lights went out plunging us into darkness.  

We all looked at each other. "Well what do you make of that?" I asked.

"I don't know but these guys are twenty shades of crazy," responded Vince. 

"We got what we needed here, let's go," said Dom. 

We crawled out the skylight in which we entered, shutting the window that by some amazing miracle had gone undetected. We found Jesse still in his car, thoroughly freaked out. Apparently we'd must've gotten ourselves caught and killed.  We all got into the car.

"Alright I'm going to ask again. What was the point of all that? I asked. I glared at Brian.

"We know that they're willing to go resort to violence and that they're running Hondas at Race Wars," he responded.

Vince just grumbled to himself under his breath. Dom didn't say anything but I could tell he was lost in thought. I knew one thing and I knew that Vince was thinking along the same lines. Brian was willing to put himself in danger just to give himself an edge. Either this guy was crazy or there was something definitely up with this guy. Only problem was if there was something up it was gonna be difficult to prove especially to Dom. But as far as I was concerned these guys where my new family and I was going to protect them as such.