Bring on the Crazy

Heyyy :D So there is a little note down at the bottom, it's like 2 sentences so pleeeeease read :D Thanks!!!

PREFACE

Footsteps echo behind me, shadowing my impending doom. My breath comes out in short, ragged sobs, each one tearing through me more desperate than the last. Suddenly, my knees give out, and the ground ruches up to meet me. Shooting pain runs from my knees to my hips. I have only a second to cry out before a large, clammy hand wraps it's self around my mouth and nose. The other worms its way toward my skirt, and I desperately struggle against him. Bile rises in my throat as he brings his mouth to my ear.

"I found you my pet" whispers the man, "You won't get away this time"

I struggle frantically, groping the air in a desperate attempt to hit his face. My vision tunnels as the darkness closes in. The man jerks behind me, bringing his other hand around to my neck. One squeeze and the darkness consumes me.

Chapter 1

Claire's POV

The annoying wail of my drunken mother shatters the little peace I had found in sleep. I had finally drifted off just after 1 am, but here she is just an hour later disrupting me yet again. I've lost track of how many times I've had to put up with her and her drinking, but I'll average it out to --- oh let's go with, my entire life. My face pulls down into a look of disgust. I close my eyes and breathe in the stale air of my small 'room'.

"Hah, this isn't a room it's a cell" I thought miserably.

Four plain white walls, one tiny window - with bars -, a bare light bulb and a single bed. Really, not much of a room.

I sigh and push the blankets away before stepping out onto the cold concrete floor. My room had originally been meant as a boiler room, so the floors were still unfinished. I shrug into a sweater before dragging myself to the kitchen. I have more than 5 chores that absolutely must be done before I head to school at 8, so I might as well start on them now. Three hours later and the kitchen is clean, the bathrooms are clean, the garbage is out, the empty bottles of alcohol have been stacked and put away, breakfast and lunch have been made, bills have been paid, newspapers delivered and my mothers wash is done.

I sit down on the couch exhausted already. I close my eyes and listen for the tell-tale signs that my mother is home. I wait, mentally cringing but the house is quiet. I sigh in relief. There is no need to tip-toe around her for once, it's like heaven. I might as well take a nice, hot shower. I better be quick though, I'd hate to see what she'd do if I used all of the hot water.

I turn into the bathroom, glance at myself in the mirror and sigh. Nothing changed over night it seems, I still have black hair, green eyes and a rather round face. Not to sound vain but I had always hoped for a miracle over night. Oh well, I really have no need to be pretty anyway.

I was halfway through shampooing when I hear voices yelling in the direction of the living room. Oh god, she's at it again with her latest 'boyfriend'. All of a sudden, my mom cries out before I hear a loud thump. I freeze, waiting for further noise. I hear a man's voice yelling at the top of his lungs:

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU STUPID BITCH!"

My mom starts wailing again but abruptly stops after a second thump. Anger runs through me, boiling my blood. I snag a towel before stomping my way into the living room. There, sprawled on the ground with a hand to her face is my mom. My anger rises and my vision turns red. I look to the left and see him, Jason I think, with his back to me. He continues his rant, completely oblivious to the fact that I am behind him with my customary base-ball bat from the hall closet.