Chapter 8 - Bring On the Crazy

HEY GUYS, IT'S A LITTLE LATE, BUT AT LEAST IT'S STILL SATURDAY. I TRIED TO MAKE THIS ONE A LITTLE LONGER, HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!! PLEASE COMMENT!! I LOVE THEM THE MOST!! MAYBE A VOTE? MAYBE EVEN BECOME A FAN?? IF YOU LIKE IT MAYBE?? HAHA ANYWAY, ENJOY!

Recap: Remy just asked Claire to move in with him.

Chapter 8

I stare at him blankly. What. Did. He. Just. Say?

"Move in, with you" I ask in a slow and hesitant voice, putting emphasis on the 'you'.

"Yes." He looks at me like I'm slow, "you know, living here. In this house. With me." He explains the last part like he was talking to a five year old.

"The condescending tone is noted, and NOT appreciated. I know what 'moving in' means dumbass. I just never thought you were this ridiculous before." I tell him, my anger rising.

"Ridiculous? What do you mean ridiculous? It's a perfectly good suggestion!" Oh good, now he is defensive.

"Good? You think this is a GOOD suggestion?" I spit out, "How in the world could this possibly be a good idea?"

"Oh you mean living with the asshole and crack whore is so much better than moving in with a friend?" he retorts.

"Yeah... well.. well I..." Damn, he's got me there. I mean, getting away from Jason would really make my life so much better.

"That's what I thought." He smiles smugly.

"No Rem, I can't. There is no way I am budging on this; I'm putting my foot down." I explain, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Give me one good and sound reason why living here isn't a better and safer alternative for YOU." He challenges me, eyebrows raised.

I think, and think, and think and I come up blank. Frick, there must be at least one negative thing about this right?

"I have school" I yell out suddenly, my face smug. Ha ha, beat that Remy.

"And..." he trails off, as if this was an inconsequential matter.

"What do you mean 'and...'. I have to go to school Rem." Wow, and he thought I was slow.

"Why can't you do that from here?" he asks.

"well I jus -" he continues before I can say anything, and it's a good thing too, since I have nothing to say anyway.

"It's closer, and there is a bus stop just outside. You won't have to walk that crazy distance like before. Plus you definitely won't have to walk through a shady neighbourhood and get mugged, or did you forget the last time you took a walk during the night at home?" he points out while ticking each thing off his fingers. Asshole.

"You'll never let that go will you?" I shake my head but shut up when he gives me a no-I-wont-and-I'll-lecture-now-if-you-don't-shut-up look.

"Well they won't let me go anyway" I say with finality. There that will take care of any of his other arguments.

"Don't tell them." He growls, staring me straight in the eye. "They lost the privilege to question or control you long, long ago."

He had a point. I mean, it's not like they've actually cared before so long as the chores got done. Plus, they would have absolutely no way of knowing where I've gone. Jason can't hurt me anymore. That small thought brings in a rush of emotions and I can feel my body relaxing. I feel warm tears slide down my cheeks as a smile plays on my lips.

"Claire? What is it?" asks Remy, worried.

"He can't hurt me anymore." I whisper, looking up to see his confused face. "Jason can't hurt me anymore." I repeat, almost to myself. This is way to good and crazy to be true.