New School

This chapter has been edited

It's been hell for dad to get me in the car this morning. I fought hard to get back to the house, but in the end I was too weak and he finally got me in the car with a few scratches on his arms from me.

I honestly felt kind of bad about it since this time at least he was sober so he could drive to our new home... yet there was a twelve pack in the back seat waiting for him to drink them...

We've been driving for twelve hours now. I don't even know where this new house is and what new school I'm going to have to go to yet! We finally came to a city and he stopped in front of a tall two story building that looked like it should be three stories. It was built out of brick it seemed as I looked out the window and contemplated if I could convince my father to let me go to public school. The building named Mr. Lockheart's boarding school was one that gave me excitement, but also scared me. I instantly turned to my father. "Are you really serious right now!", I yelled at him as he looked at me with hardly any emotion. "Please just let me go to public school! Better yet how about we go back to the house and I can live there and you can leave!", I said pleading in my head that he would do what I asked just this one time. Yet, luck never is on my side.

"You'll be staying here on the weekdays during school and home on weekends. Now get your bags of clothes and get out.", he said as he unlocked the car doors. When I got out of the car and closed the door I heard the car lock again.

looks like he really wants me gone..

I scuffed at him then went to the trunk as it popped open and got everything I would need. Yet, I don't have any school supplies for here. That's the one thing he didn't get me. Just as I shut the trunk and started making my way to his door he sped away before I could tell him... great. I looked up at the tall ominous building that looked like a prison to me. This place will either be my haven or it will be out of the pan and into the fire for me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm my nerves before walking up the steps with my two duffel bags and suitcases.

I looked to the right of the door and saw a sign that read, "press buzzer to be let in."... totally not a prison. I pressed the buzzer and heard a tired male voice, "This is the principal and dean of Mr.Lockheart's boarding school. What it is that you need.", the gruff voice said. I don't know why but I felt myself become weak at the knees from the sound of his voice. It almost sounded familiar to me, but that couldn't be.

I pressed and held the button, "Um... I'm Nat McGee... I'm a new student. My father just dropped me here and left.", I said nervously. Why'd he have to leave like that he should have stayed to help me. 

That would mean he was compassionate though.. which he is not..

"Come in when you hear the door click I will meet you in the hall.", the principal said before the speaker crackled off. I heard the click of the door and let go of my suitcase to open the door before grabbing it again and going in. As I walked in I couldn't help but look around at how beautiful the inside of the building looked. The floor was spotless and had almost a granite look to it while the walls were a dark brown wood. I realized my mouth was open and closed it quickly while waiting patiently for the principal to come greet me.

I was wearing a plaid skirt with a white button up shirt while a tie hung loose around my neck at an angle. My waist length black hair was curled and my black framed glasses were on since I didn't want to wear my contacts unless I needed to. My shoes were just my space converse. I am glad that these were the only things that wouldn't fit in my bags since this place screams "uniform" at me. I hate uniforms, but it gives people less to pick on you for since they have to wear the same thing. I set my bags down behind me as I couldn't take carrying them anymore. When I looked up again I couldn't stop the small gasp from leaving as I caught sight of the man I've been waiting for.