Chapter Three

*** AN - Some swearing in this one ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam waited until he heard the click of the door before moving towards Cathi.

 “Stop.”  She said, lifting her hand.

 “Why?”  He asked.

 “I want to know what you think of me now.”

Adam grinned at her.

 “Well?” She asked.

 “I think you’re amazing.”

Cathi blinked.  Her eyes were huge.  The make-up she had applied for her dance was effective.  She looked gorgeous.

 “I have never seen anything like that before.  I was torn between three thoughts.”

Cathi folded her arms across her chest.  “Yes?”

 “First I wanted to drag you down from that stage and hide your body from them.”

 “I pleased you didn’t.”  The corners of her mouth twitched upwards.  “What was the second?”

 “I wanted desperately to be sitting in my fathers place.”

 “Oh you noticed them then?”

Adam nodded, and stepped closer to her.

 “The third?”  She was smiling now.

 “I wanted to be the only one in the room and watch you dance for me and me only.”

Cathi laughed.  “Really?”

 “I have never been more amazed in my life.  That was simply…”  He stepped forward again for effect. “I don’t know a good enough word to describe it.”

Cathi shifted on her feet.  She moved closer to him.  “I thought it would scare you away.”  She whispered.

 “Nothing you do can scare me away.”  He murmured, leaning towards her face.

Cathi’s eyes dropped to his mouth, then back to his eyes.  “I’m pleased.”  She said quietly.

Adam took her arm and lifted it until she snaked it around his waist and she was pressed against him.  His lifted his hands to her hair and tangled his fingers in it.  It felt like liquid silk against his hands.  Her chocolate eyes melted and her pupils were huge.  She pressed against him and lifted her parted mouth to meet his.  His mouth watered in anticipation and his lips were just about to touch hers when a curtain opened from the corner and a different girl stomped in without seeing them.

 “That fucking George has the fastest hands.  I wish Claus would kick his perverted ass to the curb.”

Cathi jumped away from Adam and they stared.

She turned and saw them there.  “Jesus Christ Cathi, what the fuck is a John doing in here?” She snapped rudely.

 “A john?”  Adam blinked.

 “He’s not.”  Cathi said at the same time.

 “Oh, shit, is he a boyfriend?”  The woman asked.

 “No.”  Cathi replied.  “He’s just a friend.”

The woman put her hands on her hips, tilted her head to the side and laughed quietly.  “Well, if I had known you had ‘just a friend’ in here I would have been more polite.”