Chapter Nine

*****************  A/N  *********************

Sexual content

********************************************

December 1983

Over the next two months Adam and Cathi spent their time blissfully unaware of everything around them.  They spent their days and Cathi’s night off together or with Blake and Georgia.  They had the occasional visits with some of the other dancers from the bar, but Cathi rarely got a night off with one of them.  Adam spent many nights sitting in the back of the bar watching her dance.  She told him it was always for him and she danced better every night.  They managed to avoid seeing Adam’s father at the bar and life was perfect.

Adam sat on the couch waiting for Cathi to finish getting dressed.  Madam Rosa was nowhere to be seen and Adam sat watching the minutes pass.  It was the early hours of the last day of 1983.  Cathi had managed to the next night off and they were going to Blake’s New Year party.  As soon as she was ready, Adam was going to take her home and make love to her.  He’d stopped thinking of it as just sex a few weeks ago when he realized her really liked her.  Neither of them had spoken about any long term plans and they took every day as a new one.  The enjoyed each other’s company and it didn’t complicate things.

He silently wished he could voice his feelings but she didn’t seem receptive to speaking of their relationship.  She always distracted him with a kiss.  He smiled and glanced up at the clock.  3:45am.  He looked at the door, and wondered where she was.  He was tired and didn’t want to wait much longer.

His gaze went to the photos on the wall and he found the picture of his mother with ease.  He smiled.  She and his father seemed so much happier over the last couple of months.  It was nice to see them smiling and laughing.  They spent more time together and he spent less time at the bar watching the girls dance.

Adam felt mildly guilty about their lessened tips but knew that his parents were more important.  He smiled at the photo again.

 “Ready to go?”  Cathi asked, interrupting his thoughts.

 “Definitely.”  He replied, and got to his feet.

Cathi tucked her hand in his and they left through the back door.

 “Have a good morning.”  Claus laughed at his own joke.

 “You too.”  Cathi and Adam said in unison and laughed.  They were already watching each other in anticipation of their morning to come and were eager to get home.

Blake opened the door and grinned.  The party was in full swing by the sounds coming from inside.

 “You’re late.”  He basically yelled.

Cathi laughed and answered.  “The shower caught us.”

Blake fake gagged.

Adam laughed and Cathi gave him a shove with her shoulder.

 “Come on.”  Blake stepped back allowing them entry.

People were everywhere.  Some dancing, grinding against each other, others talking, their heads close together to hear over the loud music.  More people were in the dining room and hall way as Adam and Cathi moved through the house together.  The kitchen was full of people quite obviously drinking and Adam looked at Cathi.  He mouthed, ‘Wow’.