Chapter 19: Planes And A Boy Named Austin

I sat down in my seat of the plane. I looked around for my mother and Cali, but I didn't see them anywhere. There was a man that looked like he was having trouble with his wife. How do I know? He kept looking at his phone and shaking his head and was ignoring a bunch of calls.

Stupid man. I thought and shook my head.

The seat next to me was still empty. There was a sudden fear of some creepy person sitting next to me, then they try to kill me. I started to mentally laugh at myself. (In my head, not out loud. I'm not crazy.)

Suddenly, a young boy about my age sat next to me, and what looked like his twin sister sat into the seat next to him. They both had brown hair. The girl had long, straight hair and the boy had Beiber 2013 styled hair. 'Prep,' I thought.

"Oh, hello." The boy said.

"Hi," I answered back as I was still looking out the window. I felt his eyes on me but I still payed no real attention to him. I could tell he was looking for words to say.

"Uhm... I'm Austin..." He finally learned how to speak. "I'm Rain." I said as I abruptly turned my face to him. His eyes were the darkest brown I've ever seen, almost black. "You have very pretty eyes. Your hair is perfect. Blonde, I like it." He said, obviously trying to flatter me. "Smh," I laughed, and a very small smile laid upon my lips. I turned away again.

He didn't talk to me for awhile after.

"Please shut off all electronic devices when launching. Please fasten your seatbelt and we will be on our way," the voice over the intercom instructed. One we were in the air we took off our seatbelts and everyone took out their devices. I took out a piece of gum to help the popping of my ears and turned to look out the window again.

"So, Rain, why are you going to Australia?" The boy asked again. "What's it to you, Aaron?" I answered.

"It's Austin..."

"Oh... Sorry..." I said, embarrassed. I felt a blush rush into my cheeks. He was quite cute. But then I thought of Kayden, and I stopped thinking of how cute this boy was.

"So... Are you going to answer my question?" Austin asked. I sighed. "Well, Austin, it's a long story... But I'm moving."

"To Australia?! Wow. Where are you from originally?" This boy never stops asking questions.

I sighed again. "You know what? I don't know you. And I really don't want to talk about my former home."

"Uhm... okay." He said awkwardly. "Well where are your parents?" Ugh another question.

"Uhm... I only have one parent. My dad died 2 months ago..." I answered. "Oh... I'm sorry... I-"

"Don't," I cut him off. "I've had enough of peoples' useless pity." He didn't talk to me again.

***

5 hours later, we were flying over the ocean. Fear clawed at my neck. I took a deep breath and stopped looking out the window. I jumped when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I pushed the OK key and my phone lit up. I kept reading, New Message, over and over again. I pushed the OK key and read the message:

Kayden:

How's your first time on a plane? :)

I smiled when I read his name. My keyboard clicked as a pushed the letters,

Reply:

Great. There isn't a creepy person sitting by me either. Just a boy our age that asks too many questions. Haha ;)