Chapter 13: The Strom Rolls In

When I got to the hospital everyone was standing outside my dad's door. Some were crying, some weren't. They all had a pail look on their faces. I tried to look into my dad's little window on his door, but it was covered.

I turned to my grandma, "What's going on?"

"Your father isn't doing well. They had to flush out his lungs. Liquids keep entering. He almost died."

I swallowed deeply. I tried not to think about it. I walked back over to Kayden, who had heard every word. He kissed my head. "Everything is going to be ok, Rain?" He said sweetly. I nodded my head yes. Afraid to speak again.

Sooner than later almost everybody went to get food. I stayed and so did Kayden. I wasn't hungry, well I was, but I wasn't in the mood.

"Come on, Rain. You've gotta eat!" Said Kayden.

"No, I'm not hungry!"

"Rain... I can hear your stomach growl from here." He poked me.

I let out a frustrated sound and walked a little down the hallway from him. He walked over and sat next to me. I cuddled up next to him. Kayden broke the silence, "I'm going to go get food, ok? I'll bring some back for you just in case."

"Fine." I answered. and with that he got up and walked away. I was once again alone.

I was thinking of something, but I can't remember cause I fell into a deep sleep...

I opened my eyes and I was in a forest. Ferns sprouted everywhere. The trees stretched and reached for the sky. The grass was a perfect green. The way the sun shined through the trees made the ground look like it was sparkling.

I walked around for while. The place started to look like one of my favorite movies as a child. I suddenly ran into a pole. "What the??" I muttered under my breath in frustration.

I turned around and looked around at my surroundings... I was in a small clearing. Trees surrounded all sides. I looked at the thing I ran into...

A lamp post...

"Where am I?" I said out loud.

"Well you're in Narnia." Somebody said. I looked around. nobody was there.

"What? Hello?" I said to the thing that spoke. Suddenly I heard a buss rustling near me. I backed up slowly. My heart started to pound in my chest and I started to breath faster in fear.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed as I feel down when the thing came out...

It was a beaver.

"Oh, hi. Aren't you cute?" I said to the beaver.

"Why thank you!" The beaver said back. "You can talk!?" I yelled.

"Well yes, you are in Narnia." The beaver said.

"Uhmm... ok?"

"I see you are confused" Another voice said behind me. I turned around and saw a lion. "Aslan?! Wow!" I said in amazement.

"Yes, it's me. You must think you are going crazy. I want to tell you that your father isn't doing well. He is very close to the light. You need to say strong..."

Everything started to fade...

***

"What. The. Hell?" I said out loud.

"What? It's just a burger." Kayden said. He was sitting next to me again. "I was wondering when you would wake up. You were saying weird things in your sleep. Saying things like, 'Aslan.' Did you have a dream about Narnia? So cool." Kayden went on and on.

"Yea yea. I'm gonna check on my dad." I said as I got up.

"Uhmm... Rain.. Your dad he's-" I ignored him and kept walking.

I walked in.

None of the monitors were on.

My father...